Good morning! TGIF, right?! This week has kind of kicked my butt. I’ve been up at or before 6am every day… and for someone who might have only had to have done that once a week in the past, it’s taking quite some time getting used to it! Other than that, though, it’s been a fun week. Monday, RM and I went to watch the soccer game, Tuesday I made us delicious taco salads, Wednesday I had a company summer outing, drinks on my patio with Lisa and then RM and I went for a walk along the beach and he made us turkey burgers for dinner- summer is definitely here and I couldn’t be happier.
Speaking of summer, as the weather has been getting warmer and more summer-like, I’ve found myself in “yes! Let’s totally do that” type of situations and conversations. Anyone else feel that way once the weather starts to get nice? I feel like I end up being more cooped up in the winter months, with less motivation to get out and do stuff, but as soon as spring and summer weather rolls around, I’m reminded of all the fun things I want to do to take advantage of the nice weather.
Unfortunately, even though I have the best intentions to DO everything I say I want to do and am going to do, it rarely happens. There’s always something else that gets in the way, right?!
Well, with the hopes of actually DOING more things this summer, I thought it would be fun to write a “Summer Bucket List” post. As I do the things on my summer bucket list, I will be able to cross them off… all my Type A friends can appreciate the feeling of pure satisfaction that we get by crossing things off a list, right?
2014 Summer Bucket List
- Go to the beach
- Have a picnic
- Go for evening walks
- Take a sailing lesson or go on a chartered sailing tour from Piers Park
- Have outside drinks at KO Pies
- Do an outdoor bootcamp
- Play mini golf
- Go to an outdoor yoga class (they have them at Piers Park)
- Watch fireworks
- Go to a parade
- Visit the SOWA open market for lunch at a lunch truck and to buy locally made/grown food from the vendors
- See a shooting star
- Have a bondfire
- Eat S’mores
- Walk around the North End/Quincy Market
- Skip a workout in favor of living spontaneously and grabbing drinks or going to dinner or something like that
- Play a round of golf
- Go kayaking on the Charles River
- Bring RM to Maine and do a tour of Kennebunkport, Wells and Ogunquit (making sure to stop in a Barnacle Billy’s for Rum Punches!)
- Eat organic and/or locally grown fruit and produce (hopefully mostly from my garden!)
- Get a grill and have BBQ’s
- Put away at least $10/week for “fun” savings
- Go on a hike
- Spend less time on social media and more time being present in whatever I’m doing
- Spend lots of time with friends, family and RM… hopefully crossing off things in #’s 1-24 😉
Phew! I’ve got a lot of things that I’d like to do this summer, huh? Just writing the list and reading back through it got me super excited for the summer!
Your turn! What are 3 things you’d put on your bucket list for this summer?