Test, test. Is this thing on?! If you can hear me…. WE’RE BACK!!!! After the most wonderfully amazing honeymoon, we are back in the States and back to the grind. I have SO MUCH to recap/share with you from the trip, but it’ll have to wait until next week 😉 For now, enjoy some tidbits below!
- New Balance Breast Cancer Awareness Month Event- Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of attending a really wonderful New Balance event at their new flagship store in Brighton. New Balance has a strong partnership with Susan G. Komen and has helped to not only raise a lot of money, but also raise a ton of breast cancer awareness. This year, Komen has a new brand platform called “more than pink”, which puts a big focus on the scientific progress and research that will greatly reduce breast cancer deaths in years to come. New Balance is supporting this by hosting various fitness events and having speakers share their stores about breast cancer battles, awareness and more. We heard from Mike and Kara Selsman, a husband and wife duo both battling breast cancer as well as Lindsay McGloughlin, an Honorary Team New Balance member and breast cancer survivor. All of their stories were so emotional, but also so inspiring. What I loved is that even through all they’ve been through, they continue to fight, spread awareness and stay active through various forms of movement. Before the speeches, we had a chance to either go on a fun run or do a bootcamp. I opted for the bootcamp which was really fun! I also got a chance to try out the new sneakers that NB graciously gifted me. They are part of their “Lace up for a cure” line in which NB gives back 5% of the sale price to Susan G. Komen. Thank you, New Balance, for hosting a fantastic event and working so hard to spread awareness.
- The Resolution by PMC Event– Registration is now open for the second annual Resolution by PMC ride, again to be hosted at Everybody Fights on January 27 & 28. I was part of the event last year and am so looking forward to being a part of it again this year. The PMC will be hosting a launch party on Thursday, October 6, at Back Bay Social Club to celebrate the event’s inaugural year in 2016 and kick-off registration for 2017 – which will be sure to raise the fundraising bar even further. Tickets for the celebration are available for purchase here for $15.
- Kitten Shopping- While we were in Positano, we fell in love with a little stray kitten. We wanted to take her home, but logistically it didn’t work out so now we are on a mission to get one of our own- wish us luck!
- Embracing Fall- After a seemingly very longggg summer, which was extended by our two weeks in Italy with AMAZING weather, I am really excited for fall weather. I’m ready to put away my bathing suits, towels, sunscreen, etc. and wear jeans, boots, thin sweaters, etc. I’m also ready for fall food: roast chicken (made that this week!), chili, pumpkin everything and more 😉
- OAKtoberfest 5K– I’m on the fence about signing up for this race again this year. Last year I ran it and got a crazy PR and came in 3rd for my age group, but this year I haven’t been doing nearly as much running so I may go into it with more of a fun mentality. I love races and know this course so I think I’ll end up doing it- anyone else interested in running with me?!
And that does it for me! I’m so excited to have a free weekend to catch up on life. I have so many blog posts I want to write, the house needs to be clean, I want to do some baking and I just want to relax. September was crazy busy, so I’m looking forward to taking time this weekend to breathe a bit. Oh, but if you want to sweat with me, I’ll be at the Oak Square YMCA tomorrow morning at 10am for Kickboxing!
Whatever you do this weekend, I hope it’s a good one!
Questions for you: How have YOU been?! I’ve missed you!! How was your week? Any good workouts to share? What about fall recipes? What’s your favorite thing about fall? Have you run any races lately?