Good morning! Happy first week of 2017 🙂 Anyone else feel like it was a little tough getting back into the swing of things after the holidays? This week was one of those weeks where it made my brain hurt, lol. BUT, it’s Friday and my company party is tonight which I’m excited about! I also got us a room at the Boston Harbor Hotel (where the party is) as a way to celebrate 6 months of marriage. Can you believe it’s been that long?!
- Planet Fitness January Deal- From January 1 through January 11, Planet Fitness is offering new memberships for a $1 enrollment fee and then $10 a month with no commitment, so if you’re looking for a new, but affordable gym option, you should check out Planet Fitness! Their new Watertown location is really awesome and I can’t believe you could go there for only $10 a month!
- How to Stop Feeling Guilty– RM sent me this article which I found really interesting. I’m one who feels guilty about way too much. Catholic guilt, we joke. But, something I’m working on is letting go of some of that guilt (along with the need to strive for perfection) so this was a great read.
- The Melting Broth- Dig Inn is introducing a new menu item this year called the Melting Broth, which is similar in ingredient quality to the market bowl, but with a homemade vegetarian broth made from no waste ingredients (those parts of the vegetables we tend to discard for no good reason – they’re full of vitamins). I absolutely love the sounds of this and can’t wait to go try one!
- New Spin Bike- As I’ve mentioned, over the holidays I bought a used Schwinn spin bike from The Handle-Bar spin studio and I have to say, we are both becoming pretty obsessed with it. For one, it’s SO EASY to get in a quick sweat sesh, and two, it doesn’t take up a lot of space and is so portable. We are looking to expand our at home gym options/equipment and this was the perfect way to start.
View this post on Instagram
While 2017 officially started yesterday, today was the real start for me. I worked out at home, which is even easier now that we have a spin bike (thanks @the_handle_bar !), picked up Francesca at boarding, food shopped at @wholefoodsnewton, returned some things at assembly row and cooked/meal prepped SO much: sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, green beans, broccoli, spicy cauliflower rice dish, salad and stuffed chicken breasts. # The weekend spent in Florida celebrating my best friend's wedding and NYE was amazing, but it feels good to get back to 'normal', and everything I did today helped with that. # I don't have any huge goals or resolutions this year, but rather I want to focus on doing things that make me feel my best- mind, body, health, etc. Feeling ready to take on 2017 🙌🏼 #NYE #newyear #lookingahead #2017kickoff #athomeworkout #productivity #backatit #selfcare #wellness #reflection
- Kickboxing Bootcamp– You guys! Next Wednesday (1/11) I am hosting my FIRST MoveWith event at Janji on Newbury Street. It’s a 45 minute kickboxing bootcamp that starts at 6:30pm and I would absolutely LOVE it if some of you would attend if you’re able 🙂 If you’ve been to my kickboxing classes or Seaport Sweat classes, then you’ll know exactly what to expect- cardio kickboxing to start and then finishing with some traditional bootcamp exercises/circuits. I think it’s going to be a blast! Feel free to share with friends and click here to sign up!
And that does it for me. Besides my company holiday party our weekend looks to be fairly low key which I am REALLY excited about. I feel like we’ve been on the go & traveling so much lately! I hope all of you have a great weekend- I’ll be back next week 🙂
Questions for you: How was your first week back to work/regular life? Have you been to Dig Inn before? Have you ever taken any MoveWith classes at Janji?