Good morning and Happy Friday! As this post goes up, we will be in the air heading to Jackson Hole for a little ski/snowboard getaway vacation! If you’ve ever been, we’d love to hear your suggestions on must see/must do- leave them in the comments!
As always, it was a busy week leading up to this trip- between teaching, working out, working, blogging, packing, etc.- the beginning of the week flew by! Here are some of my favorite things to share as of late:
- EverybodyFights FIDI– EBF FIDI is officially OPEN! It opened last Thursday and I had the pleasure of teaching on opening day since my normal class is on Thursdays anyway. The energy was amazing, the crowds were good and people were ready to fight! The location is much smaller than the Seaport, but it’s still got all the swagger that Seaport has so you’ll feel right at home! The class schedule and instructors are topnotch so you definitely need to get there and check it out! Catch me on Thursdays at 6:20pm for BAGSxBEATS- one of my favorite classes to teach! Between the playlist, the combos and energy in the room- you’ll be sweating, laughing and maybe even dancing- JOIN ME!
- Eataly- Last weekend my mom took the train to Boston and my sister and I had a fun time doing the touristy thing with her. We started in Faneuil Hall and then went over to the Back Bay. We had lunch at Met (very good!) and then walked over to the Pru to experience Eataly. In short, it was absolutely amazing! RM and I had done a walk through, but didn’t have a chance to really experience it so I was excited to do that with my mom and sister. We enjoyed my favorite Aperol Spritz and then walked around to see what they had to offer. We all left with bags full of goodies! I want to go back during the week when it might not be as busy so I can really get a chance to enjoy everything about it. If you haven’t been yet- GO! you won’t be disappointed!
- Sweat, Shop, Snack Workout Event- On March 29th I am hosting a very exciting- and very fun- event at the New Balance Flagship store in Brighton! It will start with a kickboxing bootcamp at 6:30, with DJ Sprino as the LIVE DJ! After class, you’ll have a chance to shop with 20% off the store, enjoy drinks from Purity Organics, bars from Larabar and more! This is a great “girls night out” event, so grab a friend and sign up– you don’t want to miss it!
- The Wonder- by Emma Donoghue– This was the most recent book club book and I wanted to share it with you guys because I really loved it! It’s a story that takes place in Ireland and is about a girl who supposedly hasn’t eaten for months, yet is healthy. It causes quite the stir in the small town and then in bigger cities in Ireland so they bring in 2 nurses to ‘watch’ her to see if she truly isn’t eating. One of the nurses is from England and is convinced this girl is sneaking food, but it’s interesting to see how the story progresses because by the end, she’s fighting to save the young girl’s life.
- Must Read Article: The 1 Secret To Leading A Fulfilling Life– RM sent me this the other day and it really helped to put things into perspective. These days it seems like we are all too pre-occupied with being the best, having the most followers, rising through the ranks the quickest, being the “go to” person, etc. And while all of these things seemingly make you happy, this study tells us that those are just surface layer feelings and that the real thing for feeling happy and fulfilled in life is love. One of my favorite excerpts is:
“The clearest message that we get from this 75-year study is this: Good relationships keep us happier and healthier. Period.”
Not how much is in your 401(k). Not how many conferences you spoke at–or keynoted. Not how many blog posts you wrote or how many followers you had or how many tech companies you worked for or how much power you wielded there or how much you vested at each.
No, the biggest predictor of your happiness and fulfillment overall in life is, basically, love.
I’ll be the first to admit that I, unfortunately, get caught up in all the small things, the comparison trap, the need to be better and better, but at the end of the day, those aren’t the things that really matter the most- having love and being loved- whether romantically, by family or friends- is what gets to the root of true happiness. Just something to think about!
And on that, I’m out! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Questions for you: Have you been to Eataly yet? Do you have any good books that you’ve read lately? I’m in 2 book clubs so I’m always looking for suggestions!