Good morning! I am so happy to say that I FINALLY have a recipe for you :) RM and I have been grilling quite a bit lately and this meal was so healthy, tasty and fun I figured it was perfect to share with you. I loved the colors from everything and it was like a flavor party in your mouth between the sausage, veggies and sweet pineapple.
We decided to amp the skewer meal up even more by serving them on a bed of deliciousness- spinach, quinoa and corn and everything was topped with a really simple and fresh EVOO/fresh lemon juice/s&p/garlic powder concoction.
Of course, if you don’t have sausage, you could do this same meal with steak or chicken- no problem at all!
- 4 sausage links (we used RM’s homemade sausage- 2 were plain and 2 were garlic, parmesan and parsley)
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- Spinach for 2 people (about 1/2 a box for us)
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ear of corn, steamed and then the kernels shaved off
- 2-4 tbsp. EVOO per salad
- Juice of 1 lemon- 1/2 lemon per salad
- Salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to the package and let cool. Steam the corn and let cool- once cool, take a knife and shave off the kernels.
2. Turn on your grill to heat. Cut up your veggies, pineapple and sausage and arrange them on skewers. Place on grill, rotating sides every 3-5 minutes. I think it took about 15 minutes for the sausage to be cooked through on low heat.
3. Combine the EVOO, lemon juice and salt/pepper/garlic powder and set aside. Place the spinach in the bowls, top with the quinoa and corn and then the skewered items. Lastly, coat everything with the dressing and serve.
This meal came together so quickly, which was perfect for a weeknight meal. I was also able to enjoy leftovers the next day, too. We decided that we are big fans of quinoa spinach salads- so much so that we made them on Thursday of last week, too, to go with the burgers we grilled. Great texture/flavor combo!
Would love to know if you see these- take pics and tag me @Burpeestobubbly.
Questions for you: What’s your favorite thing to grill? Do you like sausage or do you prefer chicken or steak? Cooked pineapple- yay or nay?