Good morning! First off, thank you to all of our Veterans ❤ If you have today off because of Veteran’s Day, I’m jealous! But, I am working a shortish day so that I can catch a few afternoon sessions at the Boston MANIA event later today. I realized that my re-certification is due in March and I only have 7 or the 15 necessary re-cert credits so I’m hoping to get more this weekend! With that said, I have some fun things to share with you today so let’s get to it.
- Planet Fitness in Watertown– Earlier this week I had the opportunity to check out the new Planet Fitness in Watertown, conveniently located a short 5 minute walk from out apartment! RM recently joined and he said it was really big and nice and he was right- the space is HUGE and they have lots of various pieces of equipment. While a lot of the equipment is machine based- both weights and cardio machines- I was happy to see that they had a whole functional training setup in the lower area of the gym. The locker room was also really nice and they have various other perks if you get the black card membership. However, if you just want a cheap gym with no extra frills, a $10/month membership will get you just that! Can’t really beat that right? If you’re in the area and are looking for a new gym, I suggest checking out PF and if you join between Nov 9th and Nov 16th, 100% of the $10 down payment will be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and STOMP Out Bullying- a very, very good cause!
- Bastille Kitchen– Last Friday night RM and I had a date night at Bastille Kitchen in the Seaport/Fort Point area of the city. A coworker had told me it was good and she was right- everything we had was fantastic! We loved the atmosphere, the service, the menu options and the Beignets- yeah those were incredible! We started with the tuna tartar, had some Brandade Fritters and then the Braised Shortrib flatbread. I want to go back just so we can try more things!
- CastleArch Property Advisors– If you follow me on social media, you’ve probably seen that RM has officially launched the start of his new company. I couldn’t be more proud of him for taking this leap of faith and finally deciding to pursue a passion rather than staying in a corporate job just for the safety and security it brings. CastleArch Property Advisors is a brokerage and investment advisory services firm, focused on the sale and leasing of commercial and investment real estate. So, in lamens terms, he helps businesses find commercial real estate for their offices/businesses. I’ve never seen him work so hard to get it up and running, but I’ve also never seen him so happy- it’s an awesome thing to watch. We’d love your support by “liking” his page on Facebook and following him on Instagram and Twitter 🙂
- New Office– We FINALLY made it to Ikea to pick up stuff for my new office/at home gym area. While it’s still not completely finished yet, I’m SO HAPPY with how it’s come out so far. I love the cleanness of the white and yellow- it makes for such a calming work experience. We plan on getting a treadmill or spin bike and a few extra weights which will just add to my happiness in that room 🙂
- New Balance Cold Weather Gear- Remember how I was asking for suggestions on good cold weather gear? Well my friends over at New Balance ended up sending me some pretty amazing pieces to try out. I’m totally obsessed with everything! This NB Heat Hybrid Jacket is perfect for outdoor activities and running errands because it’s thin and not bulky, yet because of the Polartec® Alpha® material it’s very warm! Plus, I love the mint green color. They also sent me these Performane Merino Tights, which are going to be amazingggg for the cold teaching nights ahead.
Lastly, I was able to participate in a focus group at their headquarters recently which was SUCH a cool experience. They had me try on lots of different outfits and then they’d ask me a bunch of questions about how I felt about the style, fit, colors, design, etc. It was really neat. As a thank you they gave us a M4M Seamless Cable Pullover, which is infused with the NB Heat Technology. The fabric is unbelievable and it really did help keep me warm during a chilly run the other day.
Lastly, I fell in love with these amazing Newbury Intensity Tights and ended up buying them because I couldn’t put them down 😉 Overall I’m loving all of my new NB goodies- they are the best!
And that does it for me! Don’t forget to enter my giveaway over on Instagram– I’m giving away FIVE free manicure coupons. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend 🙂
Questions for you: What do you look for when joining a gym? Have you ever been to Bastille Kitchen? Do you have any restaurants we should try? Do you have a separate office in your home? Have you bought any new fitness gear lately?