Hi there! How are you doing? I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was good- Friday night my upstairs neighbor, Lisa, and I had a glass of wine at my apartment, which was a great end to the week. Saturday was busy, but all fun stuff! I taught kickboxing in the morning and then went to lunch with my sister and my date, and while the company was good, the food wasn’t so good. We went to 5 Napkin Burger, which I had heard great things about, but it didn’t really “wow” me. That night, my date and I went to his brother and sister-in-law’s in the South End and had a BBQ- so fun! I’m definitely ready for the summer!! I went to the Red Sox game on Sunday with a bunch of friends and was so thankful the weather cooperated!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I taught my 6am strength class (which I’m really starting to love!!) and then after work I went to a 50 minute “Pilates ReMixx” class at Boston Body. The instructor ended up being the same instructor who taught the Flywheel class that I wasn’t a fan of, but she was better as a pilates instructor! I was pleasantly sore the next day from the countless glute exercises we did.
- Tuesday- I went to a Pilates Tower class at Studio J in Government Center. I was SO lucky and ended up having a private class. The instructor was amazing and asked about my fitness level and how I felt and when I told her I was an instructor and wanted to be challenged, she went for it and ran! We did all sorts of advanced things that absolutely challenged me. Wow. It was wonderful. I want to go back soon!
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles on the treadmill before teaching a pretty tough UXF Burn class. I did warn my members before class started that we’d be working off the Crumbs Cupcakes I ate during the day 😉
- Thursday- I taught a fun partner SHRED workout (similar to this workout) and then kickboxing.
- Friday- Nothing. Total rest day 🙂
- Saturday- I taught my cardio kickboxing class at the Oak Square YMCA. I know I’ve said it a million times before, but I just love that class. It is always packed (60+ people!) and the members are of all shapes and sizes, all ages and all fitness levels. The common denominator is that they ALL always come ready to work hard, sweat and hopefully laugh a little 🙂 It really does make my day to see so many people get up on a Saturday morning to come to my class, and that people aren’t afraid to come because we jump a lot or do a lot of burpees. I always tell people you can modify anything, but sometimes people don’t feel comfortable doing it. The fact that everyone in my Saturday class practices this is amazing.
- Sunday- I went for a 5K run around Eastie. It wasn’t as nice as I thought it was going to be (so windy!), but it was still a beautiful, sunny day and it felt good to run outside again. My miles are so much faster than when I run on a treadmill. Anyone else feel this way?
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- My plan today is to get to the gym during my lunch break for a strength workout so that I can go home after work and catch up on some major blogging. This is the start of my birthday week, so I’ve got a lot going on and could use a night where I’m home before 8 pm!
- Tuesday- Since I plan on doing strength on Monday, I’ll probably stick to cardio on Tuesday. Maybe a long run outside?
- Wednesday- I am subbing Melissa Shaw’s 5:30pm Sports Conditioning class and then teaching my UXF Burn class. Come to one or both 😉
- Thursday- I am teaching my SHRED and kickboxing classes.
- Friday- Not sure! It may be a rest day, maybe some at-home yoga, who knows.
- Saturday- I am going to my friend Lindsay’s class at Recycle. Saturday is my big day of birthday celebrations and since I’m not teaching in the morning, the next best way for me to kick off the day is Lindsay’s class.
- Sunday- My guess is this will be a rest day since I’ll likely be out late on Saturday celebrating my birthday.
Things I am looking forward to
Well, as I’ve said, this is the start of my birthday week. Yes, my birthday isn’t until NEXT Monday, but this week I’m doing fun things that lead up to my celebration on Saturday (I realize I am completely obnoxious during my birthday month). I’m going to treat myself to a mani and pedi and I think I’m going to get a spray tan (nervous about this!). I would love to try and get a new dress, but I’m not sure that will end up happening. My parents are coming down on Saturday and I can’t explain how excited that makes me! I feel like I haven’t seen them in a long time, so it’s nice that they are coming down for the day on Saturday to take me to lunch and bring my birthday bunny cake! Lastly, I’m looking forward to getting dressed up and going out on Saturday night with some of my favorite people!
Questions for you: Have you been to Boston Body or Studio J? Do you like pilates? What was the best part of your week last week? What are you looking forward to this week?