Good morning! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me post a sneak peek of this recipe over the weekend. I wanted to share it with you today because it’s SUPER easy and it’s a great Friday night recipe during Lent. RM said he used to make this dish a lot but for one reason or another, hadn’t made it in forever. I’m so glad he did because it was such a treat to eat a dish that is quite different from our “normal” dishes.
We wanted to use the Jovial brand of pasta, but since RM said he couldn’t find it he went with regular old Barilla Gluten Free. You really couldn’t tell it was gluten free! Other than that, you just need some canned clams, EVOO, white wine & lots of garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- Spaghetti/pasta of choice
- 1 can of chopped clams (we used Bumble Bee), drained, but save the juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Plenty of EVOO (we used our olive oil that we infused with dried hot peppers)
- 1/4-1/2 cup white wine
- Plenty of red hot pepper flakes (if you like it spicy! less if you don’t)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil water for your pasta/spaghetti and eat a pan with EVOO (again, we used red hot pepper infused olive oil that we make and always have on hand). Once the pan is hot, add in your chopped garlic.