I don’t know about you, but I get bored with basic sautéed veggies. Sure, sometimes I’ll add wine or change up my seasonings, but for the most part, they’re usually the same. The other night, though, I switched things up and ended up making the most delicious sautéed veggies! They were creamy, cheesy and the perfect side dish addition to my meal.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- ~1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- ~1/2 cup chopped summer squash
- ~1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Seasonings of your choice
- Big handful of spinach
- 1-2 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (I used the garlic & herb ones!)
- 1-2 tbsp. water/milk/almond milk/soy milk (I used soy because that’s what I had)
1. Chop up your veggies. Heat a pan with EVOO and add in the onions, minced garlic and herbs/seasonings of your choice.
2. Once the onions are translucent, add in the summer squash and zucchini. When those veggies are mostly cooked, add in the spinach. Add in your Laughing Cow cheese wedge(s) and milk/water once the spinach starts to wilt. Keep mixing/stirring until the cheese wedge has melted completely.
3. Serve and enjoy!
I was seriously surprised at how flavorful those little 35 calorie cheese wedges made these veggies! It was like a party in my mouth. I also had baked chicken and quinoa, but kind of wished I was eating a bigger serving of these veggies.
I think these would be great atop a salad- a nice change from the usual boring raw veggies, right?!
The best part of this dish was the fact that it didn’t take a long time to put together! And, you can pick whatever veggies you have on hand… asparagus would be a great addition to this dish!
Questions for you: What’s your favorite way to eat veggies? Sautéed? Baked? Raw? Do you like Laughing Cow Cheese?