I think it’s been a while since I’ve had a real workout for you, huh?! Sorry about that! I think you’ll like this one, though. I mentioned yesterday that I taught a fun workout on Thursday, but unfortunately it took longer than anticipated to explain it to the class and have them catch on. Part of that was due to excess chatter and people not paying attention (so frustrating!), but part was probably because it was a format they were not used to and it included some new moves. Regardless, once they got the hang of it, they seemed to like it and I think it was a tough workout for them!
Per the instructions, each exercise within the set was to be completed for 60 seconds during the first round and 30 seconds during the second round. I came up with moves at each station that focused on a particular piece of equipment or are of the body (core, for instance).
Here are some explanations for some of the moves:
- Medicine ball push-ups: Do a push-up with the ball under your right hand, then roll it to the left and do a push-up with it under that hand. You can do these on your feet or knees.
- Partner Sit-Up Throws: Interlock your feet with your partner and bring the ball over your head as you lay back onto the mat. As you perform the sit-up, throw the ball to your partner and they will catch it and lay back onto the mat. Repeat. You can do this against a wall if you’re alone.
- Stability Ball Lunges
- Push-Up & Knee Tuck: Perform a push-up with your feet on the ball and then when you’re back in the starting position, tuck your knees into your chest.
- Line Jumps: Roll a towel into a long rope-like shape, place it on the ground and jump back and forth over it.
- Mountain climbers & in & outs: do these with your feet on the towels.
I think that should do it, but if you need clarification on anything else, please let me know and I’d be happy to explain them 🙂
Instructor friends- this is a great format to do in class, but even if you’re not an instructor, get a friend and do the workout together!
Have a great day 🙂
Questions for you: Do you like partner workouts? Instructors- do you find that sometimes your class just doesn’t get the workout you planned?