Phew. Is it really Monday already? I certainly wasn’t ready to get out of bed to go teach a 6am Muscle Class this morning after all of the moving/heavy lifting/etc. that I did for the past 4 days, but- it’s done, which means I have tonight to do whatever I want 🙂
For those of you who are also moving (or have moved), I’m sure you can relate to how hard it is. Thankfully I’m only on the second floor, but still- that’s a LOT of trips up and down the stairs, often times with a lot of weight in your arms. I wore my heart rate monitor on Thursday night (which is when we did most of the heavy lifting and moving) and I burned 676 calories in 2 hours. Not too bad!
Non-moving workouts were also good this week, and between my workouts on Monday and Tuesday, I was SORE. RM and I also went to the driving range on Tuesday night, so that definitely contributed to some of it.
BSC’s 40th Anniversary- This Wednesday!
I got an email last week that I thought I should share with you! The BSC is celebrating their 40th anniversary and are offering free workouts on THIS WEDNESDAY. You know what that means, right?? You can come to my class on Wednesday at 6:30pm at the Central Square location. Let me know if you’re interested 🙂
Boston Sports Clubs is proving that “good things last,” especially when you’re fit! On September 17th, Boston Sports Clubs is celebrating 40 years strong as a fitness industry leader and opening their doors and offering free workouts to all Bostonians. Already a member? Bring a friend to join you in this special birthday sweat-sesh. During this open house celebration, BSC will be offering members and nonmembers alike free fitness classes and demos, meet & greet with top fitness instructors, giveaways, prizes, and fresh post-workout snacks.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I did 15 minutes on the elliptical before doing some random exercises in the UXF Zone. I did 3 sets of 1 pull-ups AND chin-ups. Someday I’ll be able to add on haha I also subbed Cardio Kickboxing at the Watertown BSC. Great crowd!
- Tuesday- I taught my bootcamp at the Wakefield lake and boy did we work hard! The girls were all feeling like they were so out of shape so I had to remind them that I was huffing and puffing and dripping sweat, too. I’ll post the workout hopefully this week as it was good and didn’t require anything but yourself!
- Wednesday- I tweaked my knee when I was at the driving range and although it was feeling mostly better by the end of the day, I took it easy at the gym. I just did 22 minutes on the Arc Trainer and a pull up and chin up (they felt easier!) before teaching UXF Burn. I did the low-impact modifications and skipped out on the lunges and squats. Luckily my glutes were already sore so it was nice to have a break. It’s funny because whenever I tone it down or do the low-impact version, there are so many other people who join me… some of which I know are doing it only because I am!
- Thursday- Rest day from the gym, but walked 20 minutes at lunch (rain set in at that point) and moved all of the big stuff into my new apartment. In 2 hours, I burned almost 700 calories… I had no idea moving was such a good workout!!
- Friday- I ran 3.5 miles during lunch- it was a gorgeous- almost cool- day and the miles were easy… can’t beat that! After work, I made another thousand trips up and down the stairs to continue moving stuff.
- Saturday- I couldn’t sleep on Friday night so I was up before 7 on Saturday, again making multiple trips up and down the stairs. I thought moving in the same building would be easier, but it’s really not because you don’t end up packing things up… you think of something you need and run down to get it. That happened all morning! I also taught kickboxing at the Y- the fall crowds are back! We had a blast.
- Sunday- A much needed rest day. I did some final trips up and down between the apartments and did a preliminary clean of my old place, but my body was SO TIRED.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I will have taught my 6am Muscle Work class and probably have done some cardio by the time this post goes up.
- Tuesday- Teaching my bootcamp! If you’re in the Wakefield/Saugus area and want to join for the next session (starting on 9/23 at 5:30pm and runs for 4 weeks), let me know!
- Wednesday- Probably some cardio before teaching my 6:30pm UXF Burn class at the Central Square BSC
- Thursday- I’m on the waitlist for a free yoga class at Exhale Spa, so hopefully I can get in. If not, I’ll figure something else out 🙂
- Friday- Not sure. I’m heading to Maine after work so I’d like to get something done during the day. Maybe a run or maybe go to the gym.
- Saturday- I’ll probably go the YMCA near my parents house in the morning… and hopefully do a lot of dancing at the wedding!
- Sunday- Not sure- it may be a rest day depending on how the rest of the week turned out.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I’m excited to have the majority of the move behind me! It will be nice to finish unpacking, organizing and generally just getting more settled in. The nice part about moving in the same building is the address change is easy and I don’t have to get used to a new area or a new commute! Hopefully RM and I will have another mid-week date night since we don’t get to spend this weekend together… again… 😦 Lastly, I’m excited to go home for my cousin’s wedding! My sister can’t go, so it will just be my mom and dad and me, but that’s ok- we’ll have a blast I’m sure!
Questions for you: Did you move this year? What’s your least favorite part about moving? What’s your favorite part? What was your best workout last week? What are you looking forward to this week?