Good morning! TGIF. Today’s Five on Friday post is dedicated to sharing some great fitness events going on in and around the Boston area. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to any of them, but I’m hoping that some of these may interest you and work for your schedule- so here we go!
- Reids Run (5K& 10K)– My friend Meaghan is coordinating efforts again this year for the 2nd annual Reids Run to be held on Sunday May 1, 2016 at 9:00am at the Breakheart Reservation in Saugus, Mass. T-shirts will be offered to the first 150 registered. Registration fees are $25.00 in advance and $30.00 on race day. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org From their site: Our organization of volunteers is committed to raising awareness and funds to fight the cancers striking adolescents and young adults and has been bringing you Reid’s Ride since 2005. There is also an option for a 10K if that fancies anyone- I love 5K’s and I love running for a good cause so I’m really bummed I will be out of town this weekend!
- Free Fitbit Events/Workouts- Lucky for you, through the Fitbit Local program, they are going to be hosting a monthly workout over the next three months. Check out their Fitbit Local site for more details and to sign up, but at a high level here are the workouts for April, May and June:
Saturday, April 23 | Bootcamp Blast (Led by Chad Flahive)
SOWA Power Station | 9:15-10am
Saturday, April 23 | Yoga Flow (Led by Cara Gilman)
SOWA Power Station | 10-10:45am
Thursday, May 12 | Bring Your Body Bootcamp (Led by Chad Flahive)
Boston Commons | 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 12 | Run + Yoga (Led by Cara Gilman)
YogaWorks | 5PM
- New England Yogathon– On Sunday, May 1st from 9am-5pm at Gillette Stadium there will be an incredible yoga event organized by Yoga Reaches Out. This year the beneficiary is Boston’s Childrens Hospital and all of the additional details about the events (what yoga instructors will be leading sessions and musical guests) as well as registration details can be found on their site, but here is a little more detail that I took from their site: The mission of Yoga Reaches Out is to create seva (selfless service) by raising funds for organizations that impact the health, education, and well-being of children. All participants, by registering, commit to raising a minimum of $250 through sponsorship from friends, family members, and business associates. Great prizes are awarded to those individual yogis who raise the largest amount in personal sponsorship. Together, we will make a difference for this year’s beneficiaries: the Wellness Program at Boston Children’s Hospital and the mission of Yoga Reaches Out!
- #EarthRide at Flywheel with ProYo– In honor of Earth Month, ProYo teamed up with Flywheel for an AWESOME way to exercise, refuel and support the Charles River Watershed Association. More detail can be found in the graphic below- I so wish I could go because I love me some Flywheel and I love checking out new-to-me refueling options!
- Things making me smile- New shoes- these are from Target and I’m obsessed with the color and style.
And that’s it- I hope you have a great Friday and a great weekend!