Did I have you at “coconut encrusted”?? 🙂 RM has been getting creative in the kitchen and this was a meal that I couldn’t not share with you. Not only was it super easy to put together, it makes you feel like you’re indulging but without the guilt. These are gluten free, dairy free, packed with protein and other super foods and taste delicious. Win, win, win!
Tag: dairy free
Gluten Free, Dairy Free No Bake Chocolate Coconut Pecan Oatmeal Bars
Umm, yeah. How good do those sound?! I can assure you, they taste just as good as they sound. A co-worker brought these into work and I’ve been thinking about them ever since. I asked her for the recipe because I knew I had to make them. The recipe comes from Money Saving Mom.com, but I adapted it to make it gluten free and dairy free to see if I could tell a difference; I couldn’t. No worries there! If you don’t have the gluten free/dairy free ingredients on hand, feel free to use the regular versions 🙂
The recipe below is what I found at Moneysavingmom.com and my changes are in red.
- 1 cup peanut butter-I used almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups old fashioned oats-I used gluten free oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut-I used unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 chopped nuts, raisins or dried cranberries-I used chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips- I used gluten free/dairy free milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine the peanut butter/almond butter, honey and coconut oil in a sauce pan. Heat over medium/low heat and stir constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
2. Once the peanut butter/almond butter, honey and coconut has melted, remove from the heat and add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips and vanilla. Mix until everything is combined and the chocolate is melted.
3. Pour into a greased 8X8 inch pan and let it cool in the fridge. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Oh. My. Goodness. These things are amazing- even with the changes that I made.
If you’re looking for a good party treat or office treat, I really suggest making these because they will NOT disappoint!
It’s taken serious will power to not eat bar after bar after bar. Luckily by giving most of them away and keeping some in the freezer, it helps keep my hands off of them. I suggest you do the same!
Questions for you: What’s your favorite no-bake recipe? Are you a dark chocolate or milk chocolate fan?