Did I have you at “coconut encrusted”?? 🙂 RM has been getting creative in the kitchen and this was a meal that I couldn’t not share with you. Not only was it super easy to put together, it makes you feel like you’re indulging but without the guilt. These are gluten free, dairy free, packed with protein and other super foods and taste delicious. Win, win, win!
Ingredients- These are all approximate measurements since RM does not believe in measuring 😉 It’s also dependent on how much chicken you’re cooking. We did 4 cutlets (I’m calling these tenders because the first time he made them he used tenders).
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut flour or almond meal
- 2-4 tbsp. Flax seeds (ground or not ground- your choice!)
- 4-6 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. ground chia seeds (totally optional- RM just wanted to add more of the nutrients in Chia seeds to his diet so he added them to the mixture)
- Olive Oil for dipping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*. Wash the chicken and prep them as necessary for the coating process.
2. Place the first 3 (or 4 if you’re using chia seeds) ingredients in one bowl and the olive oil in another. One by one, coat the chicken tenders in olive oil and then the dry mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
Another option is to pan fry the tenders, which will give you a crispier tender- also delicious!
We served ours with some baked kale and roasted veggies- such a yummy and quick and easy Monday night dinner!
Questions for you: What’s your favorite kind of chicken tender? What’s your favorite “quick & easy” dinner to make?