You guys… This side dish I whipped up the other night was absolutely delicious! It’s probably no surprise that I love Brussels Sprouts, and this dish was no exception. I had been wanting to cook them a different way besides just roasting them and I definitely achieved that with this recipe. And, the beauty of it is that I can see us making different variations of it and pairing it with lots of different meals in the future. YES!
Another beauty about this recipe? Super easy to throw together. I think chopping the veggies was the most time consuming part- big deal, right? With a glass of wine as my kitchen partner, it was actually quite therapeutic.
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, ends cut off and chopped into 4 sections
- 1.5 cups chopped broccoli
- 3/4-1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 2-4 tbsp of white wine (optional, but what isn’t better with a little vino?!)
- EVOO to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop your veggies & heat a cast iron skillet (can use a regular non-stick, but I think skillet dishes come out better using cast iron) with plenty of EVOO (don’t be shy!).
2. Add all the veggies to the skillet, as well as the minced garlic and salt/pepper/seasoning of your choice. Once they start to get a little soft, add in the wine.
3. Once they are cooked down (about 10 minutes), add in the almonds and let simmer until you’re ready to serve the dish.
See? I told you it was easy! I loved using RM’s new cast iron skillet for this dish as it gave the veggies a nice look because of whatever was previously cooked in the skillet. I think putting an over easy egg over a plate of this would be really quite tasty… must try it!
To pair with this dish, we made some Coconut Crusted Healthified Chicken Tenders, sweet potato fries and kale. It was a like a healthy 5 year olds dinner and on a Sunday night, it was just perfect.
Can’t wait to make this dish again!
Questions for you: Do you have a cast iron skillet? What’s your favorite side dish? Do you like Brussels Sprouts?