Hi there! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was so fun… lots of girl time, celebrations and holiday decorating. Before I catch you up on that, though, let’s talk about workouts and getting on track! Last week was a really fun week of workouts for me because I tried new things, was really sore from my SHRED class and had big numbers in most of my classes. I’m not sure if the numbers will stay up as it’s getting closer to Christmas and therefore there are more holiday parties, but I was so happy to see a lot of people making time for the gym last week!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- My leg was bothering me on Monday (likely due to new sneakers), so rather than running, I decided to take a spinning class! It was perfect because not only did it allow me to workout without bothering my leg (my leg felt totally back to normal the next day, too), but it showed me that I don’t hate spinning as much as I thought I did!
- Tuesday- I ended up having plans after work to grab dinner and drinks at the Intercontinental (sushi… wasn’t that good), so I got up and did a 30 minute upper body strength and ab tabata workout in my apartment.
- Wednesday- I ran a 5K before teaching UXF Burn. It’s a good thing I was able to get in a good run before class and felt sore from my Tuesday workout because the class was packed and we ran out of weights and I literally had no place to stand! It was awesome 🙂
- Thursday- I dug into my workout archives and pulled up this workout and decided to teach it. Holy moly. I was literally sore for 3 days. No clue why, but I wasn’t complaining! I taught kickboxing after.
- Friday- I did 15 minutes of yoga in my apartment to loosen things up.
- Saturday- I taught kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA. It was another big class with lots of energy!
- Sunday- Since I was still a little sore/tight from Thursday and had a long list of things to do, I skipped out on the gym. I wasn’t hungover, I just didn’t want to schedule in a workout. Ok, and my hair still looked really good from Saturday night and I didn’t want to sweat and ruin that 😉
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I’m going to go to spin again tonight! Thanks to some comments from readers, I’m going to up the intensity if I need to. I will try to fit in some abs, too.
- Tuesday- I’ll do a strength workout after work.
- Wednesday- Running before teaching UXF Burn. I am running the Somerville Jingle Bell 5K on Sunday and would like to get another run in before that.
- Thursday- Teaching SHRED and then Kickboxing
- Friday- Rest day!
- Saturday- Teaching kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA again. 4th week in a row and I love it!
- Sunday- Running the Somerville Jingle Bell 5K with my sister. I cannot tell you how excited I am for this race. I have run it for the past 5 or 6 years and it’s one of my favorite things to do every year. What’s even better this year is the fact my sister is going to run with me. It’s her FIRST race and I hope she loves it!
This week is another quiet week for me in terms of plans after work. I might have something on Tuesday night, but it’s still tentative. I have a busy weekend full of holiday parties and the race, but that’s all fun stuff:)
Things I’m looking forward to
The 5K is probably what I am most looking forward to. My parents always come down and it’s so fun to get dressed up in ugly Christmas stuff. I’m also looking forward to decorating my tree and going to Jessi’s Christmas party on Saturday night.
Questions for you: Have you ever run a race? What’s your favorite part about running a race? What’s your favorite holiday tradition that gets you in the festive spirit?
4 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, Schedule & Things I’m looking forward to”
My favorite part of a race is the anticipation and excitement leading up to it, and the runners high after! We used to always have a baking day, with my mom and grandma, me and my girls. A full day of Christmas cookue baking! We haven’t done it in a couple years, but we are doing it this year!
I love the runners high! Aww, that’s so fun! I love making cookies!
Hi Nick, I have to say, going to the Jingle Bell Run has been on of my list of favorite”holiday spirit-inspiring” events since you started doing it. I’m so excited that Dani is participating this year! Dad and I should join you next year–walking, that is! Mom
If you can get dad to do it, I’ll pay his entry fee 🙂 Looking forward to seeing you!