I made some delicious cookies for the Super Bowl Party I went to a few weeks ago. Cookies? For the Super Bowl? Yeah, I got a few questions on that, but when I found out someone else was making a Buffalo Dip, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to make a dessert instead of a dip. So, I whipped up some oatmeal cookies with cinnamon chips and chocolate chips- and was happy with my decision. Oats+ Cinnamon + Chocolate is a really great combination if you ask me. It’s probably even worthy to make for your Valentine 😉
I’ve had this recipe for ages and I’m not sure where I got it, but I added/changed some things so I’ll just leave you with the recipe that I came up with after my alterations.
- 1 3/4 cups oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375*.Combine the dry ingredients (oats through the sea salt) in one bowl.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients and add in the cinnamon and chocolate chips.
4. Make tablespoon size balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes (or until cooked to your desire). Remove cookies and let cool… or eat one while they’re still warm 😉
These cookies were a big hit… luckily, I saved a few for myself so I could have some to enjoy throughout the week 😉
Questions for you: What’s your favorite kind of cookie? What’s your “go-to” dish that you bring to a party?