Good morning! How was your weekend? Besides the weather on Saturday, mine was really great. My brain was pre-occupied with thoughts surrounding a big decision I need to make, but luckily I was surrounded by lots of support which helped to ease my mind a bit. While I think I am a pretty good decision maker in that I don’t think I’m overly indecisive, there are just some decisions that aren’t as easy to make as a dinner reservation, for instance. Needless to say, there was lots of list making, lots of weighing of the various pros and cons, lots of conversations and lots of going back and forth.
Even though I was mentally fried on Thursday and Friday and didn’t want to workout, my workouts helped clear my mind a bit- it was nice to have that time as time where I was thinking about the workout vs. other things. Anyone else turn to workouts in times of stress?
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I went to my office gym on Monday for a quick lunchtime workout. The workout was fast, efficient and left me sore for a few days. Success!
- Tuesday- I ran 4 miles before work… at a faster pace then the morning run the week before!
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles outside before teaching UXF Burn. It was my first outdoor run through Cambridge since last season and it was awesome! So many people had the same thought so it almost felt like I was running with people… almost…
- Thursday- I taught a SHRED class based off of the workout I did on Monday and then taught a kickboxing class I had taught a few weeks ago. I don’t like to repeat workouts in their entirety, but I just didn’t have the time or thought space left to make up a new one. I don’t think they noticed.
- Friday- I did 10 minutes of random cardio exercises before doing 35 minutes of yoga. I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to shut off my thoughts and focus on my breathing, but luckily, that wasn’t the case. Although I did have thoughts come through, they didn’t interrupt my flow or focus on breathing. It was actually a really good yoga sesh!
- Saturday- My sister and I went to a class at Flywheel. It was such a fun way to start our Saturday. Now that we don’t live together anymore, we try to get together on the weekends for a workout and lunch when we can. Our instructor was Ann, and I picked her class because I loved it the last time I went!
- Sunday- Nothing! I did a few standing ab routines while I was cooking for my mom, but other than that I relaxed and sat in the sun and spent time with my family. It was great!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I am teaching my 6am Muscle Work class today and then I’ll stick around and do 20-30 minutes of cardio after.
- Tuesday- I will probably run… maybe outside?
- Wednesday- Maybe another run before teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- SHRED followed by Kickboxing
- Friday- I am going to a surprise party with the boy after work, so I think I’ll try to get in a workout during the day. Nothing crazy, just a little something!
- Saturday- I was supposed to teach my kickboxing class at the Oak Square YMCA, but I decided to switch with the other instructor so that I wouldn’t have to worry about teaching in the morning while at the party on Friday night. With that said, I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing. I’d love to get to a BodyPump class, but we will see what I end up doing (if anything).
- Sunday- What I do Sunday will be dependent upon what I do the rest of the week. I have a few plans during the day and at night, so I may not even have time to do a workout (rather, I may not want to MAKE THE TIME to do a workout… and that’s ok!).
Things I’m Looking Forward To
Making a decision! I’m looking forward to not having to go back and forth between various options and just picking something! I’m also looking forward to having a fairly open schedule after work this week. It’s nice to be able to have time to do things that I may not have been able to get done over the weekend. Lastly, I’m excited to go to a surprise birthday party (even though I won’t know anyone there!)… I don’t go out-out like that very often anymore, so when there’s a special occasion that warrants it, I get excited 🙂
Questions for you: Are you a good decision maker? What do you do to relieve stress? What was your best workout last week?