Good morning! As I mentioned on Monday, while I was in Milwaukee last week, I took advantage of traveling alone and was able to get in a few good workouts. One of those, was in the comforts of my hotel room, which makes it so easy to just roll out of bed and get started!
What I love about bodyweight workouts is that if you pair the correct exercises together, you can create a workout that challenges you and leaves you sweaty in no time! Just 10 minutes, in this case 🙂
Another piece of this workout that I liked was that it wasn’t a boring “10 reps, 4 rounds” or “10 reps each, AMRAP 10 minutes”. Rather, each round you will be decreasing the number of reps by 1, so you do 10 reps the first round, 9 the second, 8, etc. I got through 5 full rounds in 10 minutes and was on my 4th when the timer went off.
Some housekeeping notes:
- Lunges- can be forward or reverse, but just make sure to do the # of reps on each leg, so 1 lunge right and 1 lunge left = 1 rep
- Push-ups- can do these on your knees, toes or do hand release push-ups
- Plank w/knees to chest- 1 right knee and 1 left knee= 1 rep. Make sure to keep your shoulders, wrists and elbows in line and keep your butt down. Focus on squeezing the core to bring the knees in.
- Burpees- you can add the push-up at the bottom, you can drop your chest to the ground, you can step back- options are endless!
- Standing oblique dips- try and get your elbows to touch your quads every time you dip from right to left.
And, if you want a hyperlapse speed video to show you the moves, check this out https://instagram.com/p/9LgUWYvW-c/?taken-by=burpeestobubbly 😉
Questions for you: Do you ever workout in your hotel room? What’s your favorite bodyweight exercise?
3 thoughts on “Wednesday Workout: 10 Minute Bodyweight Hotel Room AMRAP Workout”
I could get on board with 10 minute hotel room workouts! And thanks for your sweet comment on my photos – so glad we are stalking each others blogs now!!
Oh, I full on stalked your blog last night and am a big fan!! We should collaborate sometime on something 🙂