Good morning! It had been months since my last Stitch Fix (<– referral link! You get one when you sign up, too!) and since I had some referral credits and since they gave a code that waived the styling fee, I figured I might as well sign up for another fix. I usually do a “fix” in the spring/summer and then in the winter; it’s always fun to do it as the seasons change since they usually have some cute options.
This fix was another great one- had everything fit me great, I might have kept it all (the 25% discount for keeping all of the pieces is also very enticing!).
Here’s a recap of what I got in case you do fixes and want to pin any of these to your boards on Pinterest.
- Kathy Striped Fit & Flare Dress by Pixley- $68– As soon as I saw this dress I just knew I needed to get it (as long as it fit, of course). I loved everything about it- the stripes, the 3/4 length sleeves, the flowy skirt. I knew I could wear it to a party or gathering AND to work, and doubly whammy outfits are always a good thing 😉 Luckily, it fit great and I’ve already worn it 2 times!
I paired it with a red belt and loved how it brought a festive flare to the dress!
- Paula Cable Knit Cowl Neck Sweater by Mak- $68– This was another piece that I loved as soon as I opened the box. I’m not usually a big sweater person, but I think it’s because I haven’t had the right ones. I love the detail on this one and how it’s fitting, but because of the cowl neck it still has that warm, comfy feel. I’ve worn this a few times as well and love how soft it is!
- Denna Skinny Jean by Kut from the Kloth- $78– I really wanted to keep these, but unfortunately they were a bit too big around the waist and knees so I decided to send them back which is a shame because they were so incredibly soft and comfortable. I have another pair of Kut from the Kloth jeans that are my absolute favorite so I knew I would’ve loved these, but I wasn’t sure if they would shrink enough so I decided I shouldn’t keep them.
- Myler Keyhole Back Blouse by Le Lis- $48– I’ll be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of the pattern of this shirt when I pulled it out of the box. When I saw it accessorized on one of the fashion sheets they provide, it grew on me, but I just knew that I wouldn’t wear it as much as other similar shirts that I own so I sent it back. I did like that the material had a little stretch to it, which isn’t common for silky type shirts.
- Tannika Ruffle Detail Zip-Up Cardigan by Monoreno- $58– This was another piece that I wasn’t crazy about when I opened the box. It just reminded me of something I owned when I was in college and not something I tend to wear these days. It also didn’t fit well as it was one of those “short and wide” situations- and not in the “crop top” sort of way that I really like. Needless to say, it was a no-go.
And that does it! I’m so happy I told them not to send any jewelry or accessories because I’d much rather have another piece of clothing! Overall, I think it was a pretty good fix and even though I always want to love everything, it’s nice when things don’t work out because with my “planning a wedding” budget, I shouldn’t really be dropping lots of extra money on clothes 😉
If you’re interested in checking it out, here are some details:
- Use this link to head on over to the site
- Create your online styling profile by answering their questions and filling in your sizes, likes, dislikes, etc.
- Schedule your “fix” to arrive whenever you want it
- Once your fix comes in, open it up and try everything on. You just have to return the pieces you don’t want within 2 or 3 days, but they make that so easy for you since they give you a pre-paid bag to use and all you have to do is drop it off in a mailbox or at the post office.
- Share your referral code with friends and family because every time someone signs up and orders a fix, you get a $25 credit!
If you’re interested in checking out how fixes can differ from one to the next, check out these posts:
Questions for you: Have you ever done Stitch Fix? Do you like to online shop or shop in person at stores? Do you do any other monthly subscriptions?