Good morning and TGIF! This has been a whirlwind of a week for me. For starters, I had to go in the office on Monday, but on top of that we were going live with a new program so I was in trainings/testing of that for pretty much all of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday which really threw a wrench in my normal schedule! But, everything went well and the program developers are super cool guys so it could’ve been a lot worse. I also had some good workouts and made some headway with a new fitness adventure, so all is good!
For now, though, let’s focus on the fact that it’s FRIDAY! Anything good planned for the weekend? We have RM’s sister’s going away party tonight (she’s moving to Atlanta) and then I’m teaching tomorrow morning and then hopefully meeting my parents for lunch in Portsmouth before visiting my friends Kia and Christy and their brand new baby girls 🙂 Whatever you have on the agenda, I hope you have a blast, smile and laugh a lot, drink some vino and get some movement in!
Five on Friday:
1. Chin-ups- I may not have reached my goal of 10 unassisted pull-ups/chin ups, but at this point I am just focusing on what I CAN do. The other day, I went to the gym and ran and then decided to try and do some chin-ups. I hadn’t done any in a while and was surprised to find myself able to do 4 with relative ease (last one was a little tough!). I’ll take it!
As 2015 nears the end, I can't help but think back to the goals I made way back in January. One of those goals was 10 unassisted chin-ups. Did I get there? Hell no. Am I upset about it? Definitely not. 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 # In the past, I would've been upset with myself for 'failing', but thanks to many incredible different people (@jillfit!), I've learned to embrace #antiperfectionism (most of the time 😉). I didn't 'fail' because I didn't hit my goal. Instead, I'm so excited about the fact I can go to the bar and whip out 4 unassisted chin-ups relatively easily (last one was challenging!) after not having done them in weeks. # I'm proud of the fact I've put in time lifting heavier weights, all just to help me lift my own body weight better. 🏋🏼🏋🏼 I'm proud of the rest days I've learned to love and embrace. I'm proud for cutting myself some slack and working out for the love of movement and my body rather than to look a certain way or to 'earn' my treats. 💛 # And it's been an amazing ride. Wherever you are in your fitness journey, take a minute and think about all you CAN do rather than things you still struggle with. Every day/workout will not be easy… That's just how it goes, but I will say it's a lot more fun thinking about the positive! I'd love to hear what you're proud of for accomplishing this year! #moderation365 #goals #unapologeticallystrong #leanandlovely #girlsgonestrong #meetmeatthebar #chinups #bodyweight #strengthisbeauty #strongwomen #motivation #inspiringfitness #bsc #lunchbreak
2. Meal Prep– Although this is a time consuming activity, I’ve learned over the years how worthwhile it is for me to spend time doing it. Whether it’s prepping a bunch of root veggies, chicken and kale or actually making a meal (casserole, soup, meatloaf, etc.), knowing I have the ability to go in the fridge and grab healthy food quickly and easily is a really good thing. I’m often busy during the week between social engagements or teaching so it’s hard for me to spend time making fresh dinners each night. Meal prep leftovers for the win!
3. I can’t get rid of my cold! I know I am not alone in this because RM has had a cold for going on two weeks and I know of a bunch of other people who have also been sick, but it doesn’t make thigns any better! I haven’t been sleeping well and I’m tired of blowing my nose. Womp 😦
4. Dry weather doesn’t bode well with my hands- Throughout the warmer months, I always forget how DRY my skin can get during the winter, in particular, my right hand. I mean, look at this! Does anyone have any good lotion/moisturizer suggestions? I’m so bad at using hand creams, mostly because I hate the feeling of lotion on the palms of my hands (weird, right?), but this is so not sexy so I need to do something!
5. Getting back into a consistent training routine– Although I’ve worked out consistently even throughout the holidays, my training schedule hasn’t really been consistent. My workouts over the past month or so have kind of been all over the place and while that is absolutely better than not working out at all, I am excited to get back to a normal and planned routine and schedule. I was finally able to make it to the gym during my lunch break yesterday and was so happy when I stumbled across Stephanie’s Burpee Bookend Full Body Circuit earlier in the morning. Some days I’m really focused and know exactly what I want to do, but there are others (like yesterday… and lots of days over the past month) where I really have no direction with regards to what I want to do. Her workout not only made me excited to get to the gym to try it out, but it also left me with shaky legs as I walked down the stairs after the workout was finished. The 50 burpees to start and finish the workout were killer… and I loved it!