Hi there! So remember how I said I was in a bit of a funk on Friday? I was talking to someone about it last night, and he gave me some really good advice. He told me that what has helped him when he’s been going through a rough time, is to make a list of everything he is thankful for and try focusing on that. Well, I did that last night and you know what? It totally helped! Unfortunately, I think we tend to focus on the negative and the issues at hand, rather than focus on the positives. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in being angry or frustrated or sad, but sometimes all we need is a reminder that there are so many happy things to think about and focus on and be thankful for!
With that being said, here is my current list of things I am thankful for:
1. My family and their never-ending support.
2. My friends- college, home, high school, work, fitness… I’m so blessed to have so many!
3. A flexible “real” job that pays my bills.
4. The ability to have a second job that is all about my passion.
5. Being able to teach a variety of classes.
6. My body, and all that it allows me to do.
7. Being able to be a source of inspiration and motivation for people in my classes (and maybe even some of you who read my blog?!).
8. Burpees to Bubbly. ‘Nuff said. I love this little hobby and love all of you who read and support me!
9. My health (knock on wood!).
10. Wine. Again, ’nuff said.
11. Cooking and trying new recipes.
12. Being from Maine.
13. Working in Boston.
14. That spring weather seems to be FINALLY showing it’s pretty little face.
15. Ice cream and cookies.
Ahh, even just writing them out and reading back through them makes me feel so much better! I could go on and on, but those were the first 15 that popped into my head today.
Your Turn!! You tell me- what are 5 things you are thankful for right at this very moment? I’d love to hear them, and I promise you’ll feel so much better once you write them down!