Hey there! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I’ll get to recapping mine tomorrow, but for now, let’s talk about workouts!
Lasts Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I did all sorts of things at the Wellington BSC! I went on the elliptical for 20 minutes to start, and then I ran the stairs 5 times and completed heavy strength workouts: legs, arms, abs… with stair runs in between. Killer! Loved it.
- Tuesday- I did 2 rounds of my Got 20 Minutes? workout and 2 rounds from a workout that Athena posted on Instgram. I literally died and was so sweaty after and I can’t figure out why! I mean, it was a good workout, but not totally killer, like how I felt!
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles outside in Atlanta and nearly died. Seriously. I have never felt that awful and weak and out of shape during a run before. I finished off my workout with the Reebok core board and lots of core work!
- Thursday- I taught my My “Farewell” TBC Workout! in SHRED and then taught a kickboxing routine that I came up with while drinking wine at the hotel bar. whoops 😉
- Friday- nothing!!! Total rest day. Perfect timing, too, because I was totally feeling my workouts from the week!
- Saturday- Taught Cardio Kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA. Even though it’s totally out of the way to get there, I love teaching that class so much! 30 people showed up on Saturday and we worked hard! I love the looks I get from people when I throw in crazy stuff to the routine…. they love to hate it!
- Sunday- Another rest day. I felt like my body needed it and I was home in Maine and didn’t have the time, nor did I want to make the time (I feel like “I didn’t have time” is not a valid excuse for skipping a workout, so I shouldn’t even have said it. I chose to take yesterday off as an additional rest day because, well, I wanted to!).
Next Week’s Workouts
- Monday- My friend Jess and I plan to film the June “Mommy’s Move’s” video, so stay tuned. If I can get up and do something before work I definitely will!
- Tuesday- I have to do a day trip to NYC so I will be using that as a rest day. My flight is at 7am and gets home at 7pm, so I think it’s a valid reason to use that day as a rest day!
- Wednesday- Cardio and then teaching UXF Burn! I missed them last week!
- Thursday- Teaching SHRED and then kickboxing. Tim and another guy are coming in from out of town for work and I am missing cocktail hour and the start of dinner, but I know I’ll be much happier teaching my classes and meeting up with them after!
- Friday- Rest as I’ll likely be, well, hungover, haha.
- Saturday- Teaching Kickboxing at the YMCA. I have a hair apt and then Christy’s bachelorette party that night, so I am sure I’ll be dancing off a few calories, too… my FAVORITE way to burn calories 😉
- Sunday- My guess is nothing, but hopefully that will change!
So there you have it! A fairly light week on the workout front, which isn’t the worst thing, right?!
Questions for you: How many workouts do you try to do in a week? Do you plan your rest days or let them happen as you feel necessary?