Hi there! I’ll be honest: I’m not big on making playlists for my classes. I have tried it before, but there’s always a weird lull between songs and the beats/tempo change and it just throws me off! I tend to buy my music from 32mix.com because they make it so easy- you can either make a playlist on your own or pick ones that they’ve made. They blend the songs and put them all at a certain BPM (beats per minute), so the tempo never changes, meaning you never lose the beat. Perfect for my kickboxing classes and as background music in my other classes.
But, those playlists are certainly not “cool down” appropriate, nor are they something I like to listen to when I’m going for a walk or even a jog. I download random songs using Shazam and put my “purchased music” on shuffle and go about my business.
The other day when I was playing one as a cool down, someone said they loved it and would love it if I put up some of my other songs on the blog, so… here you go. I warn you: I’m not a music person, but hopefully some of these songs are new to you!
Favorite “Pick me up” Songs
- Legacy- Nicky Romero & Krewella
- Things Can Only Get Better- Cedric Gervais & Howard Jones
- Love More (feat. Nicki Minaj)- Chris Brown
- Pompeii- Bastille
- Silhouettes- Avicii
- Lovehate Thing- Wale
- Rather Be feat. Jess Glynne- Clean Bandit
- Ain’t It Fun- Paramore
- Am I Wrong- Nico & Vinz
Favorite Cool Down/Chill Songs
- Peace- O.A.R. (just downloaded this and LOVE it)
- A Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay
- Let Her Go- Passenger
- Let Go- Frou Frou
- Low Road- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Stubborn Love- The Lumineers
- Apologies- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran
I’m in need of some more upbeat/running songs- anyone have any suggestions? What’s your favorite song right now? What do you like to listen to when you work out?