Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. For the first time in far too long, I had a weekend with no scheduled plans. It was fantastic! I also took my 2 rest days of the week on Saturday and Sunday, and although it was nice to know I didn’t have to schedule in a workout, it caused me to go a little stir crazy. I much prefer taking rest days dispersed throughout the week rather than in a row, but since I knew I’d be spending the weekend with RM, I figured I’d just get my workouts out of the way during the week so I could go with the flow over the weekend.
Before I get to my workouts for the week, I wanted to share some really exciting things going on at Flywheel this week. They are celebrating their one year anniversary of the Boston location, which is reason enough to celebrate, right? They’ve got all sorts of really awesome rides this week, including themed rides, live DJ rides and dueling instructor rides. I was invited to take a class and will be going to a class at 5:30 tonight with Christina Lodde, who lead the Barry’s Bootcamp Roof Deck Workout. I’ve heard great things about her spin classes so I’m so excited! If you’ve never been to Flywheel, I definitely suggest checking it out this week. Head to this site to see details on the classes and to sign up.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I taught this workout in my 6am class and then did 15 minutes on the elliptical.
- Tuesday- I had to cancel my bootcamp since it was pouring, so I headed to one of my favorite instructors classes. The verdict? I loved it! It was a crazy class, consisting of 50 jump squats to start, followed by 13 exercises done for 60 seconds each and then in between each exercise we had 60 seconds to complete 10 strict (chest to ground) burpees. So, yes, we did 130 burpees. Yikes! We finished class with some awesome upper body burners and I left there barely able to hold my gym bag. #holyshakyarms
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles on the treadmill before teaching UXF Burn. I changed up the format a little to somewhat mimic the bootcamp I went to on Tuesday. We only did about 70 strict burpees, but it was still killer. I’ll post it for you this week!
- Thursday- I was able to reschedule my bootcamp and teach it on Thursday instead. We used the benches and did some suicides and walking lunges and all sorts of good stuff. The best part is that the weather has cooled down so we are able to work super hard without dripping with sweat!
- Friday- I went to the Lynnfield BSC during lunch and busted out a quick, but good workout. I ran 2 miles then walked the rest to get to 20 minutes before doing some 1 armed KB swings, double armed KB swings, figure 8 KB squats, band walks, torso twists and TRX planks. In and out in 35 minutes and burned over 300 calories. I’ll take it!
- Saturday & Sunday- Rest days. RM and I walked a bunch while shopping on Saturday and then we went for a walk on Sunday morning and walked around the city. Active rest days are great 🙂
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I’m going to Flywheel after work tonight- can’t wait!
- Tuesday- Teaching my bootcamp at 5:30.
- Wednesday- I have a sub for my UXF Burn class so that I can go to the New Balance Girls Night Out event. This is an extra special one because we are celebrating 25 years of Susan G. Komen and the run will be lead by Sherri D’Allessandro. If you’re interested in joining, sign up here.
- Thursday- I may hold an “extra” bootcamp class on Thursday.
- Friday- I think it will be a rest day.
- Saturday- Finally back at the Oak Square YMCA for my kickboxing class… I haven’t see my members there in so long!!
- Sunday- Probably my second rest day of the week.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
This is going to be a fitness-filled week, which is always fun. I can’t wait to get back to Flywheel as it’s been a super long time. I’m also really excited to get to go to my first New Balance Girls Night Out event. Athena always raves about these events, so I’m glad I decided to get a sub so I could attend. I think I get to see my friend Jess’s new baby girl on Friday night which would be so awesome!! And, lastly, Saturday I’m cashing in my Groupon for Dry Bar before going to a wedding with RM and his family. I figured it was a great time to use it!
Questions for you: What was the best workout you had last week? Have you attended a New Balance Girls Night out event? What are you looking forward to this week?
6 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, Flywheel’s Anniversary & Things I’m Looking Forward To”
Have a great, busy week!!
thanks, Jean! You too!
I’m looking forward to the fact that this week will be much less stressful than last week.
That’s great, Kim. It’s such a good feeling to have a lighter week after a stressful one.