Well, I guess winter wasn’t ready to leave us quite yet! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the snow, but I do not like the city of Somerville when they announce a parking ban at 10pm… nothing like waking up and walking out to “check on” my car and seeing that stupid orange envelope sticking out of the door:( $100 later, I am not a happy person! I think I am actually going to contest it… I was in bed at 10pm last night so I had no way of knowing that the parking ban went into effect at 10pm… thoughts?
Weekly Workouts (a day late!)
- Monday- Ran 4.5 miles (!!) on the treadmill before teaching Dynamax at the YMCA
- Tuesday- Rest Day- I’ll walk about 3 miles due to city commuting and my friend Jess and I have a date tonight to do some filming for a fun partnership we are about to launch- be on the lookout for it!
- Wednesday- Cardio before teaching UXF Burn at the Central Square BSC (6:30pm)
- Thursday- Cardio Kickboxing at the Central Square BSC (6:30pm)- might be subbing the TBC class at 5:30 right before my kickboxing class, but if I don’t do that, I’ll lift a little.
- Friday- Cardio before teaching UXF Burn at the Allston BSC
- Saturday- Maybe some cardio before going to a blogging event/class at C2 Pilates in South Boston. Really looking forward to this!!
- Sunday- Active rest- likely cleaning the apartment!
And now for the workout I promised!
I taught this class in a format where we worked in 2 groups on 2 separate sides of the room for the entire workout. For part 1, group A set up a set and 2 sets of weights on the left side of the room and group B set up mats on the right side of the room. Group A started with 60 seconds of side tap downs over the bench while group B was doing a walk-out plank. At the end of 60 seconds, the groups sprinted to the other side of the room to perform the move the previous group had done. This was how all of part 1 went moving from exercise #1 to #5, and then repeating that 3 times. It’s great because in Allston, the classes are taught on a basket ball court, which means LOTS of distance to run:) muahahaha
For Part 2, I had group A start on the left and group B start on the right, but this time there was no equipment and they lined up along the walls. Group A started and the did high knees to mid-court, dropped and gave me 1 push up burpee then finished high knees across the floor until they got to group B. Once they got there, Group B did the same thing back, but when they got to mid-court for their push up burpee, I had group A leave and start their butt kicks. Since some of you may do this workout on your own, I changed it up and gave you timed intervals, but if you plan on teaching this, I would definitely use the “move across the floor” method- it’s a great way to change-up the normal format of a class!
Part 3 was performed in the same way- Group A started with 60 seconds of weighted squats on the left side of the room while group B did a 60 second wall sit. When the minute was up, the groups sprinted to the other side of the room to do that exercise. The sprints across the floor were awesome to incorporate some HIIT aspect into the workout. We were all huffing and puffing by the end!
Let me know if you have questions- I had a blast teaching this and plan to do it again with another group:)
Questions for you: What do your workouts look like this week? Snow- happy about it or detest it?