Happy Marathon Monday! Do any of you have it off? I wish I did, but I did decide to work from home in Maine today, so that counts for something 😉
Last week was a tough week of workouts, for some reason. I don’t know what it was, but I was pretty sore all week, especially on Friday. There’s something about doing my own workout and then teaching on Wednesday, followed by my double on Thursday that just makes me physically very tired on Friday. Guess it kind of makes sense, right?!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- This was my birthday workout! I taught my favorite “across the floor” workout (similar to this workout) and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I had wanted to run 2.9 miles for my 29th birthday, but I ran out of time. Oh, well!
- Tuesday- I was going to go to the gym after work (I worked from home… had 1 too many cosmos the night before 😉 ), but it was raining and windy and gross, so I just stayed home for an at-home workout. I did 10 minutes of cardio before completing this workout from Blonde Pony Tail, which I loved! I felt this the next day for sure. I ended my workout with 10 minutes of abs. Solid at-home workout if you ask me!
- Wednesday- I woke up feeling kind of crappy (I’ve been battling a stupid cold for weeks now- it comes for a few days then goes away. so annoying), so rather than running before class, I just did some steady-state easy cardio. After, I taught a tough UXF Burn class. We used towels in place of Glider discs and it was awesome! I also made them do the plank run, which I think they loved to hate.
- Thursday- I tried to get a sub for my classes because I felt awful in the morning, but by mid-day I felt ok, which was good because no one agreed to sub. I taught a pyramid workout in SHRED and a high cardio kickboxing class. Few. Between Wednesday and Thursday workouts, I was really sore on Friday!
- Friday- Rest day, besides some walking around the city.
- Saturday- I taught my cardio kickboxing class at the Oak Square YMCA. Even though most of my “front row” wasn’t there, the class was still packed with people ready to earn their Easter candy. My sister also came, which is always a fun treat. My heart rate was SKY HIGH the whole class- seriously, like upper 170’s the whole time… wonder if it was a mix of being excited and having had a couple of wines the night before? It was weird.
- Sunday- I helped my dad move some wood from the yard and went for a walk with my mom. I also practiced some “new to me moves” from the Shape magazine my mom got me.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- My plan today is to get in a strength workout in the morning before I start working. I feel like I should run since it’s Marathon Monday, but I doubt that will happen. Maine is still cold… and really hilly…
- Tuesday- I will probably do some type of cardio class. I was invited to take a class at The Handle Bar in Fenway, so my sister and I are either going this Tuesday or next Tuesday.
- Wednesday- Cardio before teaching UXF Burn
- Thursday- Teaching SHRED and Cardio Kickboxing
- Friday- Rest? Probably!
- Saturday- I need to go to Maine for the day, so I’ll get up and do something before I head there.
- Sunday- Not sure! Maybe yoga? A run outside? Nothing?
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I thought I’d never hear myself say this, but I’m looking forward to my birthday month celebrations being over! Don’t get me wrong, it was a really great month filled with lots of fun things, but I’m ready to get back to a more normal schedule- not drinking during the week, no birthday cake, no days of multiple celebrations… call me boring, but it will be nice to have a little more time to breathe. This week isn’t necessarily a light week, but it’s coming! My sister will be staying with me a few nights while the bathroom in her apartment is getting re-done, so it will be nice to have company! I am going home to Maine for the day on Saturday to model in a fashion show, but will probably come back to MA on Saturday night since I am going to a baptism on Sunday.
Questions for you: What was the best workout you had last week? Do you like to workout on your birthday or give yourself a day to rest?
8 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, getting back to a normal schedule & things I’m looking forward to”
Sorry not to have seen and Dani this past weekend. We will go to San Antonio this Wed. and come back on the 29th. Emma will have her first plane ride!! Have a good week.
I know! I was bummed 😦 I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Can’t wait to hear about it!
Bummer on the cold that comes and goes – hope you are 100% again.
My best workout last week was my run on Monday – 26.2 miles!
thank you! I feel good right now- 11 hours of sleep at my parents on Friday night was great 🙂 I cannot believe you ran a marathon on your treadmill… in 3 hours and 40 minutes! so amazing!!
I can’t remember if I asked, but will you be around the area for the RW Heartbreak Hill Half?!
When is that race again?! I need to look on your blog to see…
Hi Nick, My best workout this week was our walk on Sunday–I’m sure it was just a “stroll” for you, but I sure worked hard! Thanks for coming with me. Also, thanks for being here this weekend–dad and I loved every minute of your visit. Mom
It was fun walking with you! Awesome weekend all around!