Good morning! I’m about to head out for my first day of work at my new job- eek!! On top of starting a new job, this week is a little crazy since the boy- let’s refer to him as RM from now on since those are his initials- and I are heading out to Miami for a little long weekend getaway on Friday. Have any of you ever been there? Where should we eat? What should we do? We aren’t looking for a hectic vaca- we really just want to chill out and- gasp- relax! What a thought, right?! It’s not necessarily the most convenient time to be going away with starting a new job and all, but this was planned well before the job thing happened so I’m just going with it 🙂
But, since I have 4 days until I’m on vaca, let’s focus on workouts. My workouts last week were a little all over the place, and the same will probably be the case this week.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- Since I ran on my planned rest day last week, Monday ended up being a rest day, more or less. My sister and I went for a nice, long hour long walk all around Eastie- it was awesome!
- Tuesday- I was able to go to a 10 am class at a nearby BSC since I wasn’t working . I was looking forward to it because I’ve heard the instructor is really good, but sadly, I was not a fan. I didn’t like the class at all, actually- the instructor had weird music with vulgar language and kept yelling things like “BURN FAT!!! BURN CALORIES!!! DON’T THINK ABOUT QUITTING- PUSH YOURSELVES”… and I just wasn’t a fan!
- Wednesday- I went to the East Boston YMCA and ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill (also ran there, which was .6 miles), walked for 10 minutes and completed 2 circuit workouts (see below). It was a good workout even though I wasn’t feeling good (stupid allergies!). I also taught my UXF Burn class and tried to not do much of the workout since I had dinner plans with my sister after.
Complete 3 sets of 10 reps in set 1 and then the same for set 2:
Opposite Knee to Elbow Plank
Standing Weighted Side Dips
Standing Oblique Twists on BOSU
Underhand Grip Rows
Thursday- I taught my SHRED and Cardio Kickboxing classes. In SHRED we did a format I haven’t done in a while: 5 minutes lower body exercises, 5 minutes cardio, 5 minutes upper body exercises, 5 minutes cardio, 5 minutes combined exercises and 5 minutes core. It was good- perhaps I’ll post it for you!
- Friday- Since I had not been feeling well all week, I decided to rest on Friday. I did walk a ton- probably 3 miles, but nothing else. I got a massage which was wonderful!
- Saturday-I taught my cardio kickboxing class at the Oak Square YMCA and I think it was a good one! Sad I won’t be there for 2 weeks now 😦
- Sunday- I ended up running 6 (!!!) miles… with an 8:13 min/mile pace!! I planned on doing 3 or 4, but felt great and the weather was perfect so I kept going. I haven’t run more than 5 miles since the fall of 2008. I also did a little circuit halfway through my run consisting of: 10 reps and 4 rounds of push-ups, tricep dips, plank with opposite knee to elbow crunch, in & outs and side planks with hip drops (right and left). Solid way to round out a run!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- To start my first day of work out on the right foot, I will get up and workout in the morning. If I’m sore from my run yesterday, I’ll do some light cardio and then just lift.
- Tuesday- I would love to workout in the morning again so that I can have the afternoon off to get stuff done for my upcoming trip: pedicure, packing, etc.
- Wednesday- I’ll head to the gym after work to teach my UXF Burn class. Hoping I won’t have an issue with traffic.
- Thursday- I will teach SHRED and Kickboxing- I’m stressing about the traffic situation, though. I think my hours will end up being 7:30-4:30, but I’m not sure an hour is enough time to get from Wakefield to Central Square that late in the day. I may have to do a 7-4 shift or something those days. I’m not sure what my first week will be like, but they do know my teaching schedule so hopefully it won’t be a problem!
- Friday- I may get up and do a little core work/stretching/yoga before we head to the airport (9:15 flight), otherwise it will be a rest day.
- Saturday/Sunday/Monday- Not sure! I’d love to get a workout in- either a run on the beach or a quickie workout in our hotel room or the gym, but I’m not going to stress about it. I’m really going to focus on relaxing and going with the flow and if a workout isn’t something I feel like doing, I’m not going to stress about it or force it!
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I’m not really sure if I’d say I’m looking forward to starting my new job (more nervous than anything!!), but I am looking forward to getting back on a schedule and seeing how things will be. Let’s face it, though, what I’m looking forward to the most is a little R&R weekend getaway to Miami! I’ve never been before and have heard mixed reviews (we chose Miami because it was the most affordable flight option), but for what we are looking to do: sun, beach, pool, drinks, dinners- it will probably be perfect!
Questions for you: Have you ever been to Miami? Any restaurant suggestions? How do you fit workouts in when you travel? What was the best workout you had last week? What are you looking forward to this week? I love to hear from you 🙂