Good morning! I’m here! On a Monday! I can’t believe I only posted TWICE last week. I wanted to post, I really did, but the time just wasn’t there. I really tried not to stress about it because at the end of the day, I blog for FUN, not because I have to or because it’s a job… I do it because I love it and if there are weeks when I can’t fit it all in, blogging sometimes just has to be the thing that goes to the back burner. I’m happy to be back this week, though- I love sharing things with you!
Speaking of being busy… I totally “hit the brick wall” on Thursday night. I think between ending my job, starting a new one, going away… all while still teaching and working out and blogging… I just hit my limit. Changing jobs isn’t just hard because it’s a new schedule to get used to, it’s hard because it’s mentally and emotionally draining. So far, I’m totally loving my new job and the people I work with, but the days are long! I’m up at 6 or 6:30 every day to start work at 7 or 7:30- Thursday’s I leave the house at 6:30am and get home at 8pm- no wonder why I’m tired!
So, with that said, I spent my weekend home in Maine to relax and recharge- it was perfect!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I took a rest day on Monday since we were flying back from Miami and I wanted to sleep instead of workout.
- Tuesday- I ran 4 miles after work and then did a 20 minute core workout. Felt great.
- Wednesday- I ran 3.5 miles and then taught my UXF Burn class. I did most of the class with my members because I loved the workout I planned. I was SORE on Thursday.
- Thursday- I taught fun superset workout with a new cardio format I stole from Athena, which everyone loved. Thanks, girl! My kickboxing class was small, but it was a good one!
- Friday- I took another rest day on Friday. I was really sore from my workouts earlier in the week.
- Saturday- I taught my cardio kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA. The summer (smaller) crowds are the norm these days, but it’s ok- we still got in a good (and super, super sweaty) class!
- Sunday- It was such a beautiful day when I got up that I decided to go for a run. I just did a 20 minute run then did exercises like walking lunges and squats up and down the driveway, burpees, pushups and some standing ab exercises. Solid workout!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I’m finally back to teach my Monday morning Muscle Work class. I’m excited to be back!
- Tuesday- I will probably run after work and then do some core stuff.
- Wednesday- I will NOT be teaching my UXF Burn class! I have a work bowling outing in the afternoon so Kate will be subbing… she knows to kick your butt like I do 😉 I’ll either workout before work or go to the gym during my lunch break.
- Thursday- I’ll teach SHRED and Cardio Kickboxing
- Friday- Rest day since I’m subbing both Saturday and Sunday
- Saturday- I’m subbing the 10am SHRED class at the Central Square BSC- I hope my regulars from Wednesday and Thursday come 🙂
- Sunday- I’m subbing the 9am UXF Burn class at the Allston BSC- hope to see some familiar faces there!
Things I’m Looking Forward To
Even though this week is another busy week, it’s all fun stuff! Monday night I am going to dinner with RM’s sister-in-law. She is just a year older than me and we get along really well, so it will be fun to catch up over some food and drinks. Wednesday is my company’s bowling outing, which will be fun because I’ll get to meet people and hang with all the people I already know. Friday night my plan is to swing by my friend Jen’s place for a drink on her porch and then Saturday RM and I will head up to Exeter, NH for a party at Christy and Jaime’s. On the way home, I’ll swing by Liz’s for a gym friends BBQ. Finally, my friend Jess is having her baby shower- Jack and Jill style- at the Shake Shack in Harvard Square on Sunday, which should be a blast. I’ve been looking forward to all of these things for a while!
Also! I wanted to give you a garden update! My dad was so sweet and make the trip down to my apartment last week to do the planting for me. Look how good it looks!
He’s making me a map of what is planted, but I know he did kale, green beans, carrots, onions, peppers, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts.. and I think something else. I’m so lucky that he is a. so good at gardening and building stuff and b. he wants to do it for me. I’m seriously SO excited for everything to start growing this summer so we can have lots of fresh veggies to eat!
Questions for you: How were your workouts last week? What was your best one? What are you looking forward to this week?