Hi there! Happy Monday 🙂 Can you believe tomorrow is JULY 1st?!?! Where the heck has the spring gone?! I feel like once July 4th hits, it’s a race to the end of summer- I hate that! Although my July is crazy busy with a cape trip for the 4th, Bachelorette party on Nantucket the weekend after and Chicago at the end of the month, August should be a bit slower, which will be nice.
Last week was a good week of workouts, for the most part. I’ve really started to enjoy teaching my Monday morning class- it’s such a good way to kick off the work week! On top of a full teaching schedule (5 classes this week), I also ran the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge with my company. There were over 12,000 runners this year and while they tried to make it more organized by bib colors, the start of the race was still a big cluster and I found myself forced to walk until the crowds thinned out a bit. But, even with that, I finished the 3.5 mile race in 29:29, which I was happy about considering my first mile was 9:25! I came in as the first girl for my company which was pretty cool, especially because I’m not a “runner”. We headed to Granary Tavern after the race for celebratory drinks and food. I was STARVING by this point, so the flatbreads, sweet potato fries, fried calamari and buffalo wings couldn’t have tasted better 😉
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I taught my 6am muscle class and did a Tabata format, which left me sore for literally 3 days! I finished up my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical.
- Tuesday- I ran the 3.5 mile race and did a little extra running/walking when getting there, too.
- Wednesday- I ran a hard 3 miles before teaching my UXF Burn class. It’s so crazy how runs can be good one day and bad the next day. I blame it on the heat!
- Thursday- I taught SHRED and Cardio Kickboxing… in some more new lulu 😉
- Friday- I went for a 25-30 minute walk during my lunch break and then walked a bit when I went into the city for drinks.
- Saturday- I taught Cardio Kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA. Smaller crowd, but we still got in a good workout!
- Sunday- I did an at-home, self lead 30 minute yoga sesh and then 15 minutes of abs. After breakfast, RM and I went for a 45 minute power walk.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I plan on going for a run (4 or 5 miles?) and then doing some core work.
- Tuesday- Some of the ladies in my office invited me to check out a muscle class at their gym during lunch time, so I think I will do that, which works out well because I have a hair appointment after work.
- Wednesday- I’ll probably run before teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- Sunday- To be honest, I’m not sure! My Thursday classes were cancelled and I am heading to the Cape so it’s hard to tell what I will do. I’m sure I’ll go running and go for walks and do some at-home boot camps when I’m on the Cape. Anyone have any good ones I should try?
Things I’m Looking Forward To
This is a fun week because the 4th of July is one of the best holidays! Tuesday I have a hair appointment to get some highlights, which I’ve been waiting to do for a while now. On top of that, I’m really excited about going to the Cape for the holiday weekend. Although I’m going to miss being in Maine with my family and friends (and going to the parade!), it will be fun to try something different.
Questions for you: What was your best workout last week? Did you run the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge? What are you doing for the 4th of July?
4 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, JP Morgan Race Review, Things I’m Looking Forward To”
Have a great 4th! I’ll be down the cape as well, hoping the weather is nice!
Thanks Mary! You, too– I’m crossing my fingers that the weather men will be SO SO wrong and that we won’t have a hurricane on Friday!
We always have friends over for a cook-out, fireworks on the driveway and then taking the boat out for the fireworks off the dam!!!
And – YOU ARE A RUNNER!!! Great job on that race!!
That sounds like a great 4th!! I love cookouts, fireworks and boats 🙂 And, thank you- I appreciate that!