As I mentioned on Instagram, I am a huge fan of fish tacos. Chances are, if they are on the menu, I’ll be ordering them. I love that they are usually pretty light and that they’re always different depending on where you go. Some use flower tortillas, some use corn tortillas… the fish can be fried, grilled or blackened… there can be slaw on them or lettuce… all different salsas and avocado toppings. You get the idea- in my mind, there’s really no wrong way to make a fish taco.
Since RM and I are trying to eat a little more clean when we can, which means eating out less, we decided to try our hand at making fish tacos. The verdict? Super easy and absolutely delicious! We “mmm’d” our way through the whole meal, going back for seconds and thirds. We even talked about it the next morning when we woke up. Can you tell we are foodies?
Super Easy & Delicious Fish Tacos
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped in small pieces
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped in small pieces
- 14-1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
Fish (for 2 fillets- we cut them into smaller pieces when cooking them): RM doesn’t measure… he say’s he’s “creative” and likes to go by taste (I’m sure you can imagine how much I give him a hard time about calling himself “creative”…). With that said, he combined the following ingredients in a bowl and coated the fish fillets with them. I’d love to give you an approximate measurement for each ingredient, but unfortunately I wasn’t watching him and have no idea how much he used! Get “creative” when making these and see where it takes you 😉
- Coconut oil, melted
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Ground ginger
- Chili powder
1. Chop up your veggies for the salsa and place in a bowl. Add in about a 1/4-1/2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar (go light on this!), lime juice, salt & pepper and chopped cilantro. Let this sit while you make the rest of the meal.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 200* and wrap your tortillas in aluminum foil. Prepare the seasoning for your fish. Coat eat piece thoroughly. Heat a pan and cook the fish lightly (few minutes each side). While the fish is cooking, heat the tortillas.
3. Chop up your avocado, spinach and/or lettuce and set everything out. Assemble your tacos as you wish and enjoy!
We can’t wait to try different variations of this recipe. I want to make an avocado “sauce” maybe using some of RM’s homemade yogurt. We also talked about making a pineapple salsa, too. The possibilities are endless!
Questions for you: Do you like fish tacos? What’s your “go to” food dish you order when eating out?
7 thoughts on “Super Easy & Delicious Fish Tacos”
YES!! I love fish tacos – mostly just grilled ones!!!
My favorite place to get them is at Duke’s (in Hawaii!) along with a MaiTai or 2!!! Your recipe looks great!!!
Yes, I like grilled ones, too! way better than fried. I’d like to go to Hawaii:)