Good morning! Happy Monday… and happy birthday to me (and my birthday buddies, Jess and Ashley! Hope you girls have a wonderful day! xo)! I cannot believe another year has come and gone and I am 29. I’ll post more on my birthday later, but let’s focus on the workouts first. When I told people I was teaching this morning, they thought I was crazy, but to be honest, starting my birthday with a workout is the best way to start it.
Last week’s workouts were good, but I just felt weak and drained during them. I think it’s a mix between fighting off a cold and just being run down from my crazy March. With that said, I rested on Friday and Sunday which was needed. Hoping my energy is back up this week!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- Last week I did a strength session during my lunch break. Mostly upper body and core- it was good!
- Tuesday- I got up before work and did 35 minutes of kickboxing and body weight lower body strength moves.
- Wednesday- I taught my first double of the week. Although it makes sense for me to sub the 5:30 class before I teach my own, it’s not ideal for me. Teaching a double two days in a row is a lot! My new heart rate monitor came in which made me so happy!
- Thursday- Taught my 2nd double of the week. Boy was I happy after my second class was done!
- Friday- Rest! As I stated, I just felt really weak during my workouts this week so a rest day on Friday was needed.
- Saturday- I went to a class at Recycle Studio with my sister. We had all intentions of going to Lindsay’s class, but I was an idiot and we missed that class so we went to her roommate’s class after, which was equally as good!
- Sunday- I went for a nice, long walk. I walked for just under an hour- no clue on the distance, but I’m guessing almost 4 miles. It felt nice to be in the sunshine and spend time reflecting on the past year.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- By the time this post goes up, I will have taught my Muscle Work class and hopefully have done some cardio- I’m thinking 2.9 miles to celebrate my 29th birthday??
- Tuesday- I’m not sure. I might run after work? Rest? We will see.
- Wednesday- Some light cardio before teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- Teaching my SHRED and Kickboxing classes.
- Friday- Rest! I have the day off, but am getting a massage (I think), hair cut and doing a “day of fun” with my date since I have the day off for Good Friday.
- Saturday- Teaching kickboxing at the YMCA.
- Sunday- I’ll be home in Maine for Easter so I’ll probably do something there.
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I’m looking forward to so many things that I think I need to list them out!
- My birthday- duh! It’s week 2 of the celebrations, which is always a good thing 😉
- The 80* weather forecast projected for today.
- Birthday dinner at Row 34 with my date… and possible drinks outside somewhere beforehand since it’s supposed to be so nice.
- Day off on Friday, which will include a possible massage, hair cut, sushi lunch and “day of fun” with the guy.
- My sister got me tickets to go see Pat Green on Friday night at the House of Blues- such a thoughtful and FUN gift. I can’t wait!
- Going home to Maine for Easter weekend!
Questions for you: Do you ever have weeks where you just feel weak with your workouts? What was the best part of your week last week? What are you looking forward to this week? Do you have Good Friday off?