Good morning! Happy Monday! Although I love getting my workout in early on a Monday morning, I was thankful for the extra sleep this morning. After an incredible weekend celebrating Sheila and Bryan, to say I’m still recovering is an understatement. I can’t wait to recap the day, but until then, let’s get back on track this week!
I had planned on taking this week off from the gym, but between subbing, teaching and moving, it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. Hopefully it will soon. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it on here before, but I’m moving upstairs to the second floor apartment in my building this weekend! I’m SO excited to be out of the “garden level” unit (aka, basement). It’s a 2 bedroom and my sister is going to move in with me for a few months until she and her friend get a place of their own. While I love living alone, it will be nice to have her live with me for a bit (plus, the help with rent is never a bad thing 😉 ). So, it’s an exciting week, but moves- even just upstairs- are never easy, so it will definitely be a long and tiring few weeks getting settled in!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I was home in Maine and ran 3 miles before doing the Shapleigh Corner Circuit.
- Tuesday- I taught my second week of my outdoor bootcamp. It was SO humid… I literally looked like I had just gotten out of hot yoga!
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles before teaching UXF Burn. It was a fun class!
- Thursday- After work I ran 4 miles and did some strength stuff in the outdoor gym at Piers Park. I did a full, unassisted pull-up! woohoo!
- Friday- I wasn’t feeling great, but knew I needed to get some fresh air so I walked a brisk 2 miles and did feel better! After, I did 25 reps of a bunch of different strength exercises before hitting the road to go to the Cape.
- Saturday- I got up and ran 4 miles before the wedding festivities started. It was super overcast, super humid and misting a little… it was not very pleasant, but I did it! I also danced my butt off… literally! I haven’t danced that much in a LONG time. It was awesome!
- Sunday- Nothing. I hadn’t rested all week and my body was just sore and tired!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I’m subbing the 6:30 Cardio Kickboxing class at the Watertown BSC!
- Tuesday- I’m teaching my bootcamp at 5:15.
- Wednesday- I’ll do some cardio before teaching UXF Burn at 6:30. There’s a chance I may not teach, but it’s a very small chance. I’ll update my Facebook page when I figure it out!
- Thursday- I’m taking the day off from the gym to move the bulk of my heavy stuff into my new place. RM is going away this weekend for a golf tournament on the Cape and therefore won’t be able to help over the weekend so I want to get the big stuff moved beforehand.
- Friday- Not sure- I may go running or to the gym during my lunch break. I have to help my sister move her stuff that night so I don’t want to do anything TOO strenuous.
- Saturday- I’ll be teaching the 10am Cardio Kickboxing class at the Oak Square YMCA. Hope the crowds are bigger now that summer is technically over.
- Sunday- I’m not sure! Maybe a walk or jog with my sister?
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I think this week will definitely be stressful, but hopefully it goes smooth and we get settled quickly! I’m excited to see my parents again and have their help- my mom has always been the person who has made my bed when I move and has set up my kitchen, so it wouldn’t be the same if she wasn’t here to do that this time! RM asked if I wanted to go to the driving range at Granite Links, so if I get a sub on Wednesday it will be fun to do that with him!
Questions for you: What was the best workout you had last week? Did you try anything new? What are you looking forward to this week? What’s a tip you have for a smooth move?
5 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, Preparing To Move & Things I’m Looking Forward To”
Wow you weekend sounds jam packed! My friend is having a baby in early October and she currently lives in Boston with her husband who’s working on his PhD, so my bestie and I are flying down to see her for a quick weekend of shopping and gal time before she pops a baby out! Hoping for great weather and I adore Boston so I’m just looking forward to being back!
Good luck with the move! 🙂
Amazing job on the pull up! Once you get one, they start piling up and you get more motivated to keep practicing! Good luck with the move, moving is hard, but change is fun!
thank you!! I’ve been practicing as much as I can… just had time for 1 of each tonight, but it felt easier than Monday so that’s saying something, right? I hate change, so we’ll see how this goes!
WooHoo on the unassisted pull-up!!
Hope the move goes smoothly this week!
My workouts have been light – gearing up for Thursday’s race!
thanks Kim! Moves are never easy, but hopefully with extra hands it helps. Good luck in your race tomorrow!!