Hi there! How was your weekend? Mine was really great, but I’ll catch you all up on that tomorrow. I like to use Monday’s as my “weekly workout” post day with the hope that it helps to get you motivated to stay on track and get workouts planned throughout the week. It’s harder to skip a workout when you’ve written it down and held yourself accountable, right?
As I mentioned on Friday, I decided to give myself a little break from any sort of intense physical activity over the weekend. My old injuries started to flare up and I was just feeling continuously exhausted, which told me it was time for a little T.O. from the gym and working out. Surprisingly enough, it was easier than I had imagined! And get this- I even enjoyed it 🙂 Friday is generally my rest day and Saturday and Sunday I kept busy with other things so I didn’t get antsy and feel like I needed to do something! I am going to take this week light, too, which is totally fine.
Last Week’s Workouts
Monday- I was home in Maine and completed a workout in my parents living room. It was 2 short, 4 move circuits that I repeated 3 times before doing cardio and moving to the next circuit. I think I’ll post it for you this week because it left me sore!
- Tuesday- I got up and ran 3.5 miles before work. It was a beautiful morning for a run, but the last 3 blocks to my apartment were brutal as they are up a BIG hill.
- Wednesday- I ran 2 miles before teaching UXF Burn. It was a great class- lots of people and lots of energy!
- Thursday- I taught another similar format to what I have been teaching as everyone has been loving it. It was 2 strength moves (15 reps each), 60 seconds of abs, 2 minutes of cardio. I repeated a workout in kickboxing from months ago, but I don’t think anyone noticed 😉
- Friday- rest! I walked .5 miles to Shaw’s and back, but that’s it.
- Saturday- nothing!
- Sunday- I went to bed on Saturday night at 9:30 and didn’t get out of bed on Sunday until 8:15! After Friday night’s festivities, I cannot tell you how much that was needed; I woke up feeling like a million bucks on Sunday! Since the weather was amazing, I laced up my sneaks and went for a nice morning stroll, making random stops to do a little stretching and light core work. Felt great!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I think there is a Pilates class on Monday nights at the East Boston YMCA, so I may try to go to that.
- Tuesday- Pending on how I’m feeling, I may run or just do some light cardio at the gym… or rest.
- Wednesday- Teaching UXF Burn. If I do anything before class, it will just be a walk or something else low impact.
- Thursday- Teaching SHRED and kickboxing. I think I may teach a tabata themed class in SHRED, thanks to a reminder from Athena!
- Friday- Not sure! If I’m feeling rested, I may workout before or after work, but I’m going to play it by ear.
- Saturday- Teaching kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA! yay!
- Sunday- Not sure- I’d love to get to a BodyPump class 🙂
Questions for you: Do you like to take your rest days during the week or weekend? What’s your favorite Tabata combination?