Good morning! Happy Monday, everyone! How are you? I hope you had a great weekend! Did you see the weather for this week?? Looks like we are finally going to have some mild temps… yes!
As I mentioned last week, I was in Dallas for Monday-Wednesday. We stayed in Grapevine at the Gaylord Texan, wch was a gorgeous resort! It was a really good trip filled with lots of networking, lots of Mexican food, some drinking and the chance to catch up with my friend JP! We hadn’t hung out since November, so it was so good to see him!
I also got in a good hotel room, body weight tabata workout as well as a killer biceps and back workout with my friend Tim. I was literally sore for 4 days- no joke.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I got up before my early flight and did a 30 minute tabata workout including weighted squats, weighted lunges, bicep curls, triceps extension and core work. It was good!
- Tuesday- I got up and did a 30 minute body weight tabata workout (I guess I was loving tabata workouts last week..) and then Tim and I went to the gym in the afternoon for a 45 minute strength workout. I was able to do 1 unassisted pull-up, which I was happy about! We did 3 or 4 different back exercises and then 3 bicep exercises and finally I lead us through some core exercises. It was a great workout.
- Wednesday- I had all intentions of waking up to workout before the morning session, but I was seriously SO tired. I didn’t get drunk or crazy, but I was up late Monday and Tuesday so it caught up to me on Wednesday. I squeezed in 15 minutes of core work before the day started.
- Thursday- I taught SHRED and Kickboxing. I felt so lethargic in both classes- 3 days of eating and drinking like crap, on top of not sleeping enough doesn’t mesh well with me.
- Friday- I got up and went to Flywheel for a morning class, but sadly, it wasn’t great. The room was less than half full, I was physically tired and I wasn’t a fan of the instructor. She was very sweet, but she didn’t have the natural energy/teaching style that I like to see in instructors. She seemed shy or maybe she was just new and nervous? I rarely say this, but I wish I had skipped it. Oh well, can’t win them all!
- Saturday- I went to a 2 Spartan Workout with a bunch of gym friends. I was pretty beat by the end!
- Sunday- I taught a 9am UXF Burn class at the Allston BSC. I didn’t want to do the workout, but I ended up doing most of it. I just get excited when I teach so it’s hard for me to not do any of the workout.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I am teaching Muscle work at 6am today and then going to 5:30pm Pilates Remix class at Boston Body Pilates using my ClassPass. My membership is up this week and I still had a few passes left that I didn’t want to lose, I needed to double up today!
- Tuesday– I am training Kerri at 7am and then I am going to a Pilates Tower class at Studio J after work. I’m excited to try it!
- Wednesday- I’ll probably run on the treadmill before teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- Teaching SHRED and Kickboxing
- Friday- Rest day 🙂
- Saturday- Teaching kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA
- Sunday- I am going to a blogger ride at SoulCycle which I am SO excited about!!
Things I’m Looking Forward To
I’m excited to have a week where I don’t have a lot going on after work. It will be nice to have the flexibility and know I don’t have to pack for multiple events. I’m also looking forward to the weekend- SoulCycle AND a Red Sox game in the same day makes for a super fun Sunday 😉 A bunch of my college friends and significant others are going to a day game on Sunday… I just hope it’s relatively warm… and not raining!
Questions for you: What was the best workout you had last week? Did you try anything new? What are you looking forward to this week? Have you been to SoulCycle?
8 thoughts on “This Week: Workouts, Dallas Recap & Things I’m Looking Forward To”
Hi Nick, I’m exhausted just reading your list of workouts for this week–either I’m just old, or you are too active!! I taught 2nd grade all day, then covered Math Club until 5:00, then walked 2 miles with Jeanne M.–that’s about it for this 61 yr. old! Mom
I know… I’m tired, too! I think you do so much each day, though- I definitely get it from you!
I am tired just reading this. have a good week.
me too 🙂 Have a good week!
Ahhhh I can’t wait to be back near a city with all of these cycling class options…I’m envious! I hope you get some rest this week! Xo
I can’t wait until you’re back! We can go together- it will be so fun 🙂 xo
My favorite workout of the week was UXF Burn on Wednesday! It was broken up between 3 parts of the class-beginning cardio, strength stations, and core, and I loved that we did pretty simple moves but they were hard! It’s hard to find an instructor that can keep up the same intensity that I expect when I go to your classes, but Kate did not disappoint. I was SO excited to have you back Thursday, though (perhaps why I basically threw a kid at his parents and proceeded to sprint to Park St to make it in time for Shred…)
I didn’t know they had a SoulCycle in Boston! I definitely want to try it! I took a class like that at BC as an undergrad and the instructor was so amazing and had me thinking about some deep stuff while we were spinning and I almost had tears in my eyes! It was also hard to hold weights and spin! Let me know how it goes!
I’m so happy Kate didn’t disappoint! It’s nice to know I have a suitable sub for the times I can’t be there. the SoulCycle opened up recently- I think they do a first class free, too! Those are the best workouts- I wish I was better at motivation and deep thinking thing.