Have you guys ever heard of Birchbox (<— don’t worry, you get a referral link if you sign up, too!)? My guess is that I’m sure you have. I feel like I’ve “known” about it for years, but only through a few bloggers who would post about their monthly boxes. Lucky for me, my sister got me a 3 month subscription for Christmas. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but once the boxes started coming in, I got a better feel for it.
The great thing about Birchbox is that you get sample sizes of various beauty products which gives you a chance to sample different brands without actually having to commit to buying a full size of something you may not actually like. How many of you have bought a new hair product or face lotion or mascara only to find out you really don’t like it that much? I’m embarrassed to admit how many barely-used things of hair gel/mousse/spray/shampoo/etc. that I have laying around. But with Birchbox, if you like something you try, they give you all the details on how you can purchase a full size version of it.
And, I mean, how fun is it to get a package like this every month??
Mine got shipped to my parents house so I got all of them in one month when my mom came down, which was 3 times as exciting 😉
Here’s a view of what I received in each box for the 3 months I got as a present:
- Beauty Protector- locks in color, protects from heat damage and adds silkiness
- Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion- paraben-free moisturizer
- Harvey Prince- Perfume
- Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette- Four complementary shades of eye shadow
- theBalm cosmetics Stainiac- and lip stain
I’ve almost completely used up the Beauty Protector and absolutely love it. My friend said she ended up buying the full bottle and I’m not opposed to doing that! It’s just so smooth and smells so nice and it’s great after the shower. I haven’t used the other things… yet… but I think I’ll be using the eye shadows this weekend!
- Harvey Prince Sincerely- Perfume sample
- Number 4 Hair Care Non0Aerosol Hairspray- Earth-friendly botanical-rich spray giving you flexible hold and nourishes strands
- TOCCA Crema de Mano- Cleopatra- Body cream loaded with natural botanicals
- Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream- A Shea butter-packed shaving cream
- Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black- blendable pencil from the Milan-based brand has silver shimmer in it
The hair spray in this is amazingggg! It smells so good and has great hold without it causing that helmet head look. I haven’t had a chance to use the other things, but plan on putting some in my gym bag as the small samples are perfect for that!
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner- from a go to UK makeup line
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleansing Gel- A wash that brightens and smooths skin because of hydroxyl acids from organic fruit juices
- Marcelle Gentle Make-Up Remover for Sensitive Eyes- Hypoallergenic formula to remove tough makeup, but also still gentle on the eyes
- Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream- Triple-protects against UVA, UVB and infrared-A rays
- BeeKind Conditioner- Made with honey and organic calendula softens hair and ups shine
I haven’t used any of the products in this, BUT, I’m super excited about the makeup remover as mascara can be hard to remove even if it’s not waterproof. The conditioner is also great for weekend getaways since you don’t have to worry about bringing it home after 🙂
All in all, I’ve really enjoyed my monthly Birtchbox packages and cannot wait to start using all of the products (the only reason I held off was so I could take pictures and post about it… life of a blogger!). I think this is such a fun present for people that have everything- this is not only 3 package deliveries, but it opens you up to new products. And, as you can see by the descriptions, the products are really good quality things.
Questions for you: Have you heard of Birchbox? Have you ever done it? What’s your favorite, must have beauty product?