Good morning, Burpees to Bubbly readers! I had the most wonderful weekend at home up in Maine with my mom and dad (Danielle was on vacation in Atlanta, Savanna and Charleston, so we definitely missed her!) and cannot believe it’s the start of a new week already! I will recap all of the fun things I did in Maine later, but for now, let’s talk about workouts, as that is always my favorite way to get “back on track” after a long weekend away from home.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and about 15 minutes of abs/upper body strength before teaching my last Dynamax class (tears. I loved that class so much, but it didn’t hit the minimum number of participants so they had to cancel it this session).
- Tuesday- I Went To A Class! and it was wonderful!
- Wednesday- I ran a 5K on the treadmill before teaching a pretty intense UXF class.
- Thursday- I had to get a sub for my SHRED class, but was able to make it to kickboxing. All the extra energy I had from not teaching a class beforehand caused me to teach a really hard class. I loved it!
- Friday- This was my first COMPLETE (read: no abs, no arms, no yoga, no walking) rest day in far, far too long. I’ll admit, sometimes I forget to take rest days, especially when I don’t teach as much, so this is something I need to be mindful of in the next coming weeks as I will be teaching less classes.
- Saturday- Two a day Saturday! I went to the Sanford/Springvale YMCA for their 9AM Cardio Cross Training class and 10:15AM Zumba class. Mom joined me for zumba and we had a blast! It was really fun being at a “new” (even though this was my gym for so long) gym for the morning. So many fun toys!
- Sunday- I picked an April Arms Challenge Sunday circuit to do and did a couple of Ab Challenge workouts, too. No cardio, though- Saturday was LOTS of cardio!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- First Monday since September that I am NOT teaching Dynamax (more tears). I’m not sure what I will do tonight, but I am guessing I will probably go running and do some abs/arms.
- Tuesday- I might go to kickboxing again, might go to another class, might do my own thing using the UXF “play ground” at the Wellington BSC.
- Wednesday- Cardio and teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- teaching my two-a-day Thursday at the Central Square BSC! SHRED followed by Kickboxing. Can’t wait!
- Friday- Likely a rest day, with the exception of some abs and arms (bathing suit season is coming!).
- Saturday- Teaching Kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA- woohoo!! get ready… I may do what I taught last Thursday and you probably won’t like it 😉
- Sunday- I will be spending the day at the Wellness by the Water Retreat with Athena and Ashley and I cannot wait! A full day of health, fitness and nutrition information and networking and blogging? yeah, pretty perfect day in my eyes!
Questions for you: What was your favorite workout last week? What are you looking forward to this week?