Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? I was in Maine for half of it, which is always a better place than the city to “survive” the heat. I taught too many classes last week, but happily, I survived injury free (my nagging injuries didn’t even pop up when teaching my second double of the week- woohoooo!!!). Now that I have dropped back on the number of classes per week that I teach, I realize that teaching 6 a week, while working a full time job and blogging was just way.too.much.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I ran 3.1 miles in Maine, while adding in 25 reps of different strength exercises after each mile which was a fun way to change-up a run. I also gardened with my dad all day!
- Tuesday- I got asked to sub a double at the South Station BSC last minute, so I took it (since it’s a 5 min walk from my office). I taught a Kickboxing class followed by a UXF class and I have to say that I really like teaching those 2 classes (what I do on Thursdays) in that order wayyyyy better than what I do on Thursdays!
- Wednesday– I got in 25 minutes on the elliptical before teaching UXF Burn. I’ll try to get that workout to you this week!
(The humid weather+sweat= crazy frizzy hair!)
- Thursday- I had zero time to make up a workout to teach in SHRED at work (dealt with computer issues all day), so I decided to repeat a UXF Burn class I taught a few weeks ago, but it worked fine! Kickboxing was a blast as always and it’s so nice to see how much that class has grown since I first started teaching it! Another plus of of the double was the amount of energy I had! I have no idea where it came from, and usually by the end of my double I am beat, but last Thursday was awesome!
(Shirt says “No one has ever drowned in their own sweat”, but I’ll tell ya, I came damn near close on Thursday!)
- Friday- REST! Besides walking to Dunkin Donuts, haha.
- Saturday- Taught Kickboxing for the 3rd week in a row at Oak Square before heading up to Maine!
- Sunday– Rest, again. I woke up really quite sore from Saturday’s kickboxing (which is so weird because it was the 3rd kickboxing class of the week that I taught so you’d think my muscles would be used to it!), so I decided to take it easy again.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I am subbing a UXF Burn/BodyPump class at 5:30 at the Wellington BSC!!! I LOVE this gym and it’s legit 5 mins from my house so I am pumped. BSCers- come join!
- Tuesday- Maybe a rest, maybe go to a kickboxing class, maybe run on my own. We will see!
- Wednesday- The usual- cardio and teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- The usual- teaching SHRED and Kickboxing.
- Friday- Pending on what I do on Tuesday will determine what I do on Friday.
- Saturday- NOT TEACHING! I may join a Lupus walk with friends, may do something extra in addition to that, who knows!
- Sunday- I would like to do something different- maybe my own workout, maybe something Athena has posted lately, maybe yoga or Core Fusion?
So, there you have it! After my crazy teaching schedule last week, it’s nice to have an open schedule this week. Any suggestions for what I should do for a workout with my extra time?? Any good ones that you have done recently?
Questions for you: What was the best workout you did last week? Try anything new? How did you escape the heat, but still get a workout in?
6 thoughts on “Weekly Workouts”
I did dead lifts for the first time and my buttcheeks LOVED it! (still do!) Ahh!!
I LOVE dead lifts!!! Without fail, they ALWAYS make my hammies beg for mercy!
We got some battle ropes in for the bootcamp I’m teaching… I did a full workout with those and then did upper body lifting until failure. It was great! Battle ropes = my new favorite piece of equipment 🙂
omg I LOVE those! They are so intense and so hard, but they make for an incredible workout! Sounds like a fun class!!
Hi Nick, Water aerobics on Sat. was the best! It was cool, and I really pushed myself–I haven’t done it in a while, but I felt so good afterwards. It’s so fun to mix up your exercise routine, even for an old gal like me! By the way, hanging around the patio this weekend was fun also! Mom
Mom, we worked our arm muscles lifting those drink glasses 😉 But I’m glad you enjoyed water aerobics! I bet that is the perfect hot weather workout. Nice job pushing yourself!