Hey there! Phew! What a weekend 🙂 I had my “housewarming” party on Saturday and it was an absolute blast! I’m very thankful for all of my friends and family who came.
Let’s talk workouts, though. Last week was an awesome week of workouts! I had my full teaching schedule (UXF Burn, SHRED and 2 Kickboxing classes) and got in some good workouts on my own, too.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I worked from home on Monday so I was able to start my workout earlier than normal (always a nice treat!). I went for a 3.5 mile run and then went to the East Boston YMCA and did an upper body superset workout. I picked two variations of exercises for the following muscle groups: biceps, triceps, back, shoulders and chest. I did 15 reps and 3 rounds of each superset before moving on to the next. It was a great workout!
- Tuesday- I had errands to run after work so I got up early and did an at-home, no equipment cardio and core workout that I shared with you here. It wasn’t anything crazy hard, but it was perfect for what I wanted.
- Wednesday- I did 22 minutes on the elliptical before teaching UXF Burn (22 because I didn’t have time to do any more!). The UXF Burn workout was hard, but I loved all the moves I chose!
- Thursday- I taught the same Tabata workout in my SHRED class as I did the week before when I subbed Kate’s class. And again, it left me incredibly sore! Love that. It’s funny, though, because when I teach Tabata I think everyone hates it and is bored (it’s a lot of repetition), but after class I had multiple people tell me how much they enjoyed it. Weird. After SHRED I amped up my cardio and taught Cardio Kickboxing.
- Friday- I rested 🙂 Well, I rested in terms of not working out, but I was very busy party-prepping!
- Saturday- I taught kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA. Athena came, which is always a fun treat!
- Sunday- Athena sent out an invite to some gym friends seeing if anyone wanted to go to a free, outdoor boot camp sponsored by City Sports. Obviously, I was all about that, as were a few other gym friends, so we did that yesterday morning. There was a great crowd and the instructor was hilarious. We ran about 3/4-1 mile to a park and from there, we did a circuit style workout consisting of a minute at each station with a cardio burst between stations. We did lunges with a bicep curl using bands, push ups, squats and “anything abs” (a core station where we could pick whatever core exercise we wanted). It wasn’t as hard as I was expecting, but it was still really fun to try something new and workout with friends (and not be the instructor). I contemplated buying new sneakers at City Sports after, but I was good and restrained.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- My plan is to rest today besides my normal walking commute. Since last week was heavy on the workout front, and I am a little sore, I feel like I should take it easy. I may try to video some workouts for a fun post I have planned 🙂
- Tuesday- I’ll probably run after work and do another strength workout at the EB YMCA.
- Wednesday- Cardio and then teaching UXF Burn.
- Thursday- SHRED and Kickboxing
- Friday- I’m not sure. Since I rested today, I may be up for a workout. We’ll see how it goes.
- Saturday- I’m not teaching, so my thought is I’ll get up and go to BodyPump at the Wellington BSC.
- Sunday- Not sure! If I rest again on Friday, I’ll probably be antsy for something on Sunday. My weekend is pretty open so I’ve got loads of time to workout!
Make this week awesome, friends!
Questions for you: Do you like outdoor boot camps? What was your favorite workout last week?
5 thoughts on “Weekly Workouts: Outdoor Boot Camp”
Favorite workout- wellllllll, I have been testing out some new circuit stuff, so I really liked 2 of them that I did. And I ran 2 OUTDOOR 5k’s. For me, that’s unreal. Especially with the cold and the wind (and the never ending snot from the cold+wind)
Woohoo!! Congrats- I’m a fair weather runner for sure- and wind and cold weather are not in my fair weather category:)
Hi Nick, I’m glad that you did not buy any more sneakers–I packed at least 9 pairs when we moved you in August–when is enough enough?? We had a ball at your housewarming–so glad to meet Athena!! Mom
Haha I told the girls that! Too funny. For me, there can never be too many sneakers 😉