Good morning- TGIF 🙂 I can’t believe I’m posting FIVE TIMES this week- can you?! I guess I have a lot to share with all of you! Anything fun planned for the weekend? RM and I are supposed to go down to the Cape for a little getaway either tonight or early tomorrow morning- I’m so looking forward to it!
In the meantime, I wanted to share some recipes that I’ve been drooling over for the past few weeks. In case you missed my first batch of “drool-worthy recipes”, you can find them here. I hope you enjoy these, too. I’ve recently been reading lots of new-to-me food blogs and really enjoying all of the recipes I’m coming across, but I’ll be honest- If there’s a lot of prep work or a ton of ingredients I’m much less likely to actually MAKE the recipe. I’m all about simplicity in the kitchen these days!
- Vegan Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints– I don’t think I really need to say much more to get you to go check out these cookies- they look ahhh-mazing!
- Avocado Bean Burgers– It’s funny because I had received an email from RM asking me to find some good veggie burger recipes literally seconds before I was scrolling through Facebook and stumbling across this recipe. These look SO good and I definitely plan on making them soon.
- Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boats With Avocado Crema– I’ve been on a big shrimp kick this summer and these look really tasty. I met Lexi recently and am so happy to be hooked on her site now!
- Coconut No Bake Cookies– Coconut AND no bake? Yes, please- these would be the perfect little treat during the dreaded 3pm hour.
- Fruity Flourless Breakfast Pizza– wonder if i could sub out a different type of alternative flour? I love all things fruit and have made fruit pizza’s before, so I think I could figure something out.
- Chocolate Cashew Smoothie– interesting smoothie recipe that, if i ever get around to making smoothies, I would like to try 😉 I don’t know why I’m so against making smoothies- I love drinking them, just hate making them. I think it’s because I hate washing the blender…
- Classic 4th of July Cake– I know the 4th of July has come and gone, but I think this dish is suitable for any summer party!
- Balsamic Peach and Toasted Almond Salad– This looks like a super refreshing salad- perfect for hot, summer nights! I think topped with grilled chicken or shrimp and it would be a very filling meal.
- Vegan Summer Vegetable Lasagna Rolls– I’m not always a big lasagna person, but these look REALLY good. I’ve posted a few lasagna recipes on the blog (this is my most popular one), but haven’t made one recently. Maybe I’ll have to change that with this recipe!
All of these recipes remind me that I haven’t come up with a new recipe to share with you in far too long. I need to change that, just need to figure out something fun to make! RM made some fancy breaded pork cutlets the other night- maybe we could re-create those. Or maybe a grilled pizza. Or maybe something else on the grill with a fun marinade. Gosh, I need to get creative in the kitchen…
Questions for you: What’s a recipe you’re loving this summer? What’s something you can’t get enough of? Any food blogs that I should start reading?