Hey, friends. Happy Monday! Unlike other weeks, I am actually OK with it being Monday today. For the first time in a really long time I had a weekend with virtually NO plans besides teaching kickboxing on Saturday morning… and boy let me tell you, that couldn’t have come at a more perfect time!
In case you missed my weekend posts (I still have Sunday to post about, but that will be later this week), here they are:
Perfect mix of being productive, but also relaxing and enjoying having no “set” plans. By Sunday night, I was already getting bored, which is a sign that in the grand scheme of things, I’d rather be more busy than less busy, but weekends like this past weekend are great to “re-charge” the batteries.
Anyway, let’s get to the workouts, shall we?
- Monday- Due to ridiculous amounts of traffic and some errands to run, I only had time for a 2.5 mile run before teaching Dynamax
- Tuesday- Tuesday’s are normally my rest days, but since the weather was beautiful, I was in the mood to workout (and, I wanted to have a glass of wine with dinner, so I bribed myself and said if I worked out, I could have a glass of wine!). I did a quickie 30 minute workout and felt great after! I am trying to cut back on cardio with the hopes of curing some pending injuries, so I combined some of Athena’s arm workouts and ab workouts, as well as my own lower body strength exercises to create a nice, sweaty 30 minute workout.
- Wednesday- I ran 3 miles prior to teaching UXF Burn. Everyone loved the workout, so I’ll be sure to post it!
- Thursday- Taught my 3-2-1 Strength, Cardio, Core Workout and Cardio Kickboxing
- Friday- I woke up and got in a quick 30 minute workout in before work, focusing on upper body and abs
- Saturday- Taught Cardio Kickboxing at the Oak Square YMCA!! 37 people, great music, high energy… awesome start to my day
- Sunday- Walked around the SOWA market and then did 30 mins of Athena’s January Ab challenge
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- Something on my own and then teaching Dynamax
- Tuesday- Not sure- might be a rest day, but might do an arms and abs workout similar to last week.
- Wednesday- Cardio on my own and then teaching UXF Burn
- Thursday- I had to get a sub for my SHRED class since I have a conference call that I can’t miss:( I’ll be there to teach Cardio Kickboxing, though!
- Friday- I’ll be home in Maine!!! I’ll probably do some type of workout at my parent’s house, but, if I take it as a rest day, it might be a good thing! I’ll work my biceps by getting drinks with my mom and her friends after work 😉
- Saturday- Pending on how I am feeling, I might try to get to the Sanford/Springvale YMCA for a class, otherwise I’ll take it as a rest day
- Sunday- Probably a nice, long walk with my mom for Mother’s Day
As you can see, this week’s workouts are potentially really light, but that’s OK. My body could surely use a break and since I don’t have to teach from Friday- Sunday, it would be a good time to rest. But, I really do love working out and being active, as does my mom, so I won’t be surprised if I do some light workouts!
Questions for you: What was your favorite workout last week? Do you find yourself needing a break sometimes?