Hi! I’m sad to say that Monday has, again, come too fast! Between my busy week last week and busy weekend, Monday snuck up much faster than I would have liked! As last week was a little indulgent (out to eat way more than usual and lots of wines), my goal this week is to get back on track! Having an “off” week isn’t a bad thing, it’s just a good reminder that even though it’s fun, it is tiring! I like having a schedule so I am looking forward to clean eats this week and no bevvies!
I’m happy to report that I was still able to get in some awesome workouts last week! I woke up sore on Friday and on Sunday- love it!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I ran a 5K in the morning and then lifted after work. If you don’t have time to get a full workout in before or after work, I suggest breaking your workout up into cardio and weights and fitting them in when you can.
- Tuesday- Rest day, besides lots of walking in the airport. I always take the stairs and walk to the terminals… every little bit counts!
- Wednesday- I got up and ran another 5K before work. I also did 20 reps of the following exercises: biceps curls balancing on 1 leg, triceps extensions, side dips, dead lifts, squats, plié squats, reverse fly and a whole bunch of ab/core exercises. So sweaty by the end! I also walked 2 miles to the T and then taught UXF. I didn’t do much of the workout since I didn’t want to get sweaty and have to re-shower 🙂
- Thursday- I taught SHRED and Kickboxing. I’ll post SHRED’s workout soon- it was compound moves supersets, followed by 1 min of abs and cardio tabatas. Fun!
- Friday- Nothing. I got the worst shin splints at some point between Wednesday and Thursday and by Friday they were REALLY bothering me.
- Saturday- Taught Kickboxing… remember, I won’t be there next week!
- Sunday- I went to the gym to do some light, steady-state cardio, which was just what I needed mentally. I felt like I should’ve apologized to the people around me since I’m sure my sweat smelled like Chardonnay, margarita and sangria. Whoops! I did 40 minutes of cardio and then focused on core. I did 2 ab tabatas using the TRX bands (plank & plank w/knee tuck for 1 of them and right and left side planks for the other)… best ab work ever!! I also did side dips and stability ball v-sits. Love those!
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- Not sure- probably go to the Wellington BSC and do some light cardio (still nursing my shins) and strength?
- Tuesday- I think I am going to make it to the Oak Square Two-A-Day Tuesday!! I am subbing Athena’s class at 7:30pm and would like to go to Liz’s Corp Basics Kix class at 6:30. It’s VERY different from the type of kickboxing I teach, but it will be a fun change!
- Wednesday- Cardio and UXF Burn, the usual.
- Thursday- SHRED and Kickboxing… again the usual.
- Friday- I think I am going out on Friday night so I would like to get in a workout in the morning or during the day and maybe take Saturday as a rest day?
- Saturday- Rest OR just BodyPump. I miss it!
- Sunday- Will depend on how the workouts turned out during the week. If they were good, I’ll rest, but if they were not great, I’ll probably do something!
Questions for you: After an indulgent week, what’s the first thing you do to get back “on track”? If you are going to the gym for your own workout, do you usually stick to cardio or weights or both? Have you ever had shin splints? Tips on how to make them better?
4 thoughts on “Weekly Workouts”
after an “indulgent week”, to get back on track, I just plan my week out. like the sayin goes, it’s not failure unless you quit – so just get back to doing what you do and move forward. my “own” workouts besides the classes I teach are usually geared more around lifting weights. weights are my favorite and even if I do participate in some of my classes, it’s more cardio/body weight, so “my” workouts are usually weight oriented 🙂 Shin splints…. used to get them all the time – may be related to your shoes. Didn’t you recently get new shoes? Have you gone to get “fitted” for running shoes? As much as you run, it is definitely a good idea to check that out. I just went to get fitted for running shoes for the first time this weekend. I’m hoping to be able to tell as big difference as so many runners have told me it makes. Also, after heavy legs day or tough running days, I do take ice baths. Idk if you’ve tried those yet or not, but I would recommend them. Worth a shot?!
I am starting to love weights more and more! In fact, tonight I went to the gym and only did weights and still left sweaty! I did just get new sneakers, but they are the same as a previous pair, although I have been running more lately. I have asics that I was fitted for, but they feel so heavy when I run now that I wear such light shoes! It has healed up nicely but I am still icing- thanks for all your suggestions!! 🙂
When I’ve had an indulgent week I make sure to do some meal planning and cram as many veggies into my meals as possible! That always makes me feel refreshed and back on track.
I agree!! Sunday night cooking/meal prep always gets me back on track!