Hi friends! How are you doing today? I am good, besides the fact I am not ready to get back on the road for another work trip. Luckily, this one is short and if all goes well with travel on Wednesday, I should be back for my 6:30 class at Central!
As all of you probably know, I was away for a work conference most of last week. The trip was a blast (I promise, I’ll recap everything later this week) and I am happy to report the fact that I got in a couple awesome workouts! I am hoping this week will be the same as I should have already gone running before this post gets published and will try to get in a workout Tuesday morning before a long day at our client’s office.
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- I went to the Wellington BSC and did my own UXF/CrossFit inspired workout consisting of a brief warm up and 4 rounds of: 500M row, 60 seconds ropes, 60 seconds kettlebell swings, 1-legged push-ups up and down the ladder, 60 seconds pike plank with feet in TRX straps. Felt great!
- Tuesday- I got up in did a jump rope and ab circuit and was sore the next day!
- Wednesday- My coworker, Tim, and I skipped the ice cream social at the conference and went to the gym. I let him run ME through a workout (I had to use every bit of my self-control to not take over the workout!) because I wanted to focus on isolated strength moves. We did back and biceps, which Tim lead and then I lead abs and then we went on a 2 mile crazy trail run. It.Was.Awesome. I’ll save most of the pictures for my VT recap, but here are a few:
- Thursday- Tim and I had planned on working out in the afternoon, but ended up going to Ben and Jerry’s. Sometimes you need an ice cream 🙂
- Friday- Tim and I met at the gym before breakfast for a morning workout since we were hitting the road around 10:30. We did our separate workouts (I ran on the treadmill 1.5 miles to warm up and then did a circuit I’ll hopefully post on Wednesday), but joined together at the end to do abs. Tim loved what I ran us through which was fun! We used a medicine ball and did lots of Dynamax-esque throws. Loved it!
- Saturday- I taught the most sweaty kickboxing class ever. I know I say that all the time, but literally this was like nothing I have ever seen. I could barely see the mirror in front of me it was so coated in sweat! Members/friends agreed!
- Sunday- Rest. My back was feeling SUPER tight, as was my right quad so I decided to take it easy.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday- As I said earlier, I am hoping that by the time this post goes up, I will have gone for a run and maybe have done some strength stuff.
- Tuesday- I will be in Toronto, Canada, but hope to get a workout in before work. I think it’s going to be a very long day, so I know a workout will help mentally, more than anything. If we don’t have to be to the client site too early, I’ll go to the hotel gym, but if we have to get there early, I’ll likely do a short workout in my room.
- Wednesday- Hoping to make it back per my itinerary so I can teach my 6:30 UXF Burn class- I missed them last week!
- Thursday- Teaching my Thursday double: SHRED followed by Kickboxing. Again, missed these guys last week so I am excited to be back!
- Friday- I may workout at home, but I may use Friday as a rest day pending on how I feel.
- Saturday- My friend, Lauren, and I are doing a Color Me Rad run in Brockton on Saturday morning. I’m nervous/excited!
- Sunday- Again, pending on how my workouts went during the week will determine whether I work out or rest on Sunday.
So, there you have it!
Questions for you: What was your best workout last week? Have you ever done a “Color Run”? Is there anything I should be warned about?
7 thoughts on “Weekly Workouts- Travel Edition”
Why are you nervous?! It’s just a 5k with more excitement! We did a color run that was actually at night back in April. (me plus 7 of my online running team members) It was really cool. Besides the fact that it was at night, as you were running there were random stations where they threw colored chalk on you and had black lights set up around the course. It was called Glow in the Night. Definitely a fun race! Tips – bring a towel to put down in your vehicle after the race or a change of clothes. Of course wear white. If you want to save your shirt, when you get home spray vinegar on it and iron it. Wear some fun glasses to protect your eyes. Take lots of pics. And of course, have fun and do your best! Can’t wait to see the pics!
I’m nervous the color won’t come off! Good tips, though- thanks so much! I was already thinking I shouldn’t wear my lulu, good sneaks or glasses!I have heard of Glow in the Night runs- those sound great:) This race is all about having fun!
Hi Nick, The only “color” thing I have ever done was to find out what colors look best on you–a far cry from what I’m hearing about!!How things have changed! Have fun, and good luck! Mom
hahaha things have changed so much:) thanks! xo
Have a safe trip. Never heard of a color run.