Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? I was totally lovin’ the weather- how perfect was it?! I went apple picking with some of my college girlfriends and we had a blast, but I’ll catch you up on that tomorrow 🙂
Last week, even though I had planned to take it easy on Monday or Tuesday if I needed to, I realized that I was feeling refreshed and ready to be active. So, active I was, but always being mindful and listening to my body. With a that said, a few workouts left me sore, in particular, my booty and my abs… 2 areas that I love being sore after a workout! Athena said I should post my “Booty Burner” workout, so I think I’ll do that for you Wednesday!
This week’s workouts are going to be a little “TBD” for the later half of the week since I’m going to Michigan with my parents, but I’m hoping to come up with a few hotel room workouts that I’ll be able to share with you!
Last Week’s Workouts
- Monday- After my tour of Eastie last weekend, I was itching to run to Piers Park and use the little outdoor gym area that they have. It was a nice, cool, fall night so it was great weather to run and I got to “play” in the gym which was an added bonus! Let me tell you, my abs were SO SORE for a few days after some decline leg lifts and sit ups. WOW. loved it! This gym area is a really neat resource to have for the public. They offer different level, 4 move strength and stretching workouts using all sorts of different pieces of equipment.
- Tuesday- I got the schedule mixed up for the East Boston YMCA and Pilates was actually on Tuesday, not Monday, so I hit up the 6:15pm class Tuesday after work. It was very slow-paced, but it was nice to stretch and work my
incredibly sorecore. The class incorporated weights and I was able to take some of the moves into my classes- win, win!
- Wednesday- I went for a really hot 2.5 mile jog before teaching UXF Burn. Lots of members told me how sore they were on Thursday from the class, so I guess it was a good one!
- Thursday- I taught this workout followed by cardio kickboxing. A member asked me to include my “Booty Burner” since skinny jean weather is coming up, so I was more than happy to oblige 😉
- Friday- I’ve decided that I don’t like to go to the gym on Fridays, so, I did 10 rounds of this work from home workout which was plentyyyy. 10 rounds ends up being 100 reps of each, which is a lot!
- Saturday- I taught the same kickboxing routine, including the Booty Burner, from Thursday at the YMCA. I also had time to squeeze in abs at the end!
- Sunday- I planned on going to BodyPump, but I realize I was a little sore so it wouldn’t make sense to go to a muscle class. Also, once I walked outside and saw how nice it was, I knew I wanted to go for a walk or run. I ended up running 4 miles (no idea where that came from), and felt great! I wore my older running sneakers and they felt so big and bulky and I felt like I was stomping around! I guess I’ve just become accustomed to running in the more “minimalist” style of sneaker.
This Week’s Workouts
- Monday-Since I didn’t do weights yesterday and did lots of cardio, I’m going to go to the gym after work and do just strength and maybe this ab burner that Athena posted yesterday.
- Tuesday- I have after work drinks with my team at work and then dinner at Jessi’s, so I’ll get up and run before work.
- Wednesday- I am subbing Kate’s 5:30 Sports Conditioning class before teaching my UXF Burn class. Since I won’t be teaching on Thursday, I figured I’d pick up an extra class!
- Thursday- I’m going to get up and do something before my parents pick me up. Or, maybe not. I feel like I’ll want to workout before being in the car for 8+ hours, but I may also need a break! If I do anything, it will be light (maybe yoga).
- Friday- Not sure. I think we are getting on the road early to make the last leg of the trip, so if I haven’t slept well, I won’t get up to workout.
- Saturday- Hopefully my sister will want to workout with me in the morning, and then hopefully lots of dancing at the wedding!
- Sunday- Likely nothing. I have a 12:30pm flight and will probably be ready for rest.
So, there you have it! I hope you all have a great week!
Questions for you: What’s a good Pilates studio to try out? Are you interested in seeing “Booty Burner” workouts now that skinny jean season is coming up? Does weather influence your workout?