Ok, so even though this isn’t a recipe I came up with (I don’t even do much to alter it), I feel like I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t share it with you. It’s been a staple around our apartments for the past month or so, and I don’t see it going away any time soon. We’ve made muffins and loafs and not only does it taste great right out of the oven, it freezes and thaws incredibly well, too.
What I love about the recipe is how few ingredients there are and that there is very little sugar. It’s super quick and easy to put together and I swear you’d never know it was a “healthy bread”.
I found the recipe over at Paleo Leap, which has a ton of great recipes!
Paleo Pumpkin Banana-Nut Bread (Recipe is directly from Paleo Leap)
- ½ cup coconut flour;
- ½ cup almond flour;
- ½ cup very ripe banana, pureed;
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree;
- ½ cup melted clarified butter or almond butter; (I use almond butter and like the flavor/texture it adds)
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- ¼ cup raw honey;
- 4 eggs;
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract;
- ½ tsp. salt;
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped; (optional) (sometimes I use walnuts or a mixture of both. Any will do!)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes- I’ve been adding these in
- 1tsp cinnamon- again, I’ve been adding this and love the little extra it gives
- If you want extra sweetness, feel free to add in some chocolate chips 😉
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*. Mix together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, coconut flakes & cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together the banana, pumpkin, almond butter, honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the wet and dry. Add in the nuts (if you choose to add them in) and/or the chocolate chips (again, if you choose to add them in).
4. Grease either a loaf pan or a muffin tin, depending on what your preference is. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
RM created the most delicious post dinner faux sweet treat with these muffins/bread, which is also worth sharing. It’s almost like a bread pudding, but a heck of a lot healthier 😉 He warms the muffins/bread and tops them with a little coconut oil, almond butter and cinnamon and holy moly is it absolutely fantastic!!! I highly suggest trying it!
Questions for you: What’s your favorite faux sweet treat? Do you have a big sweet tooth?
5 thoughts on “Paleo Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread”
OMG This looks so good! I want to make it 🙂 nom nom nom
nom nom nom is right, Alice! definitely try it!
Thanks! Gonna try this soon! I have a lot of bananas in my freezer!
It’s a perfect recipe to use up those bananas!