Hi! How’s your week going so far? I wanted to share a workout that I did last week that was inspired by lots of different people and workout formats, including:
- Neghar’s quickie workouts
- Jen Sinkler’s “Lift Weights Faster” workout program
- Athena’s instagram workout last week
Ever since I started following Neghar and ever since I bought the Lift Weights Faster 2, I’ve been really loving the short, balls to the walls workouts that get you in and out of the gym quickly. There used to be a time where I was spending 2 hours a day at the gym, but these days there are just so many other things I’d rather be doing with my time than spending hours of it at the gym. Call me crazy, I know 😉
This workout had me sweating and working really hard, but the beauty is that it was over in just 20 minutes- perfect!
In case you need some explanations on the moves, here are videos and/or explanations:
- Kettlebell Goblet Clean & Squat– This shows the goblet clean, what you’ll do for the exercise in this workout is add in a deep KB goblet squat at the top of the clean. So you’ll grab the KB, do the clean and then the squat and repeat.
- Chest Press with Leg Lifts
- Kettlebell Hop-Back Deadlift
- Reverse Fly
- Single Arm KB Swing
And, if you’re looking for a little core finisher, try this for 3 rounds:
- 8 TRX plank pikes
- 8 TRX oblique “swings” right and left
- Farmers walk there & back, switch arms and repeat
I hope you like this workout and are inspired to try it! One of my favorite things about the health and fitness industry is that there are so many GOOD places and people to find workouts to do or things to learn. I’m always taking bits and pieces from various fitness bloggers and professionals to add to my own workouts because I love changing it up and trying new things!
Questions for you: Do you like to make up your own workouts or get ideas from fitness bloggers or professionals? How long do you usually spend at the gym?