Hey everyone! I am back! So sorry to ditch out for an extended amount of time, but let me tell you, it was needed. After the events that went on in Boston last week, and the fact that I was going to NYC for the weekend for another birthday celebration (I know. I’m out of control), I figured taking some time to step away from the computer, twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. and spend that time with friends and family was way more important (and SO necessary).
But, I am here now and have lots of recapping to do, that’s for darn sure!
Before I get too much into my recapping, let’s check in with last week’s workouts, shall we?
- Monday- I was all amped up to get in a run before teaching Dynamax, but after hearing about the bombings, I felt numb and wanted nothing to do with the gym. I thought I had to teach and I ended up getting to the gym early, so I hopped on an elliptical and mindlessly peddled away as I watched the news unfold. I didn’t even break a sweat. My body was there, but my mind wasn’t. I felt foolish for being one of “those” people at the gym, and wanted to tell everyone I was only there because I had to teach. Luckily, only 3 members showed up and none of them felt like working out either, so we decided to part ways and pick up this week.
- Tuesday– My parents were coming into the city to celebrate my birthday, so I got up and did a sweaty jump rope & body weight circuit workout. I was going to post the workout on Friday, but clearly that didn’t happen. I’ll post it this week- promise! I also did lots of walking with my parents!
- Wednesday- I ran a little over 2 miles outside through Cambridge (so scary to think about that!) before I taught UXF Burn. Classes were still a bit down, but I was happy to have some people show up.
- Thursday- Taught my double at Central Square. We did a stations workout in TBC and a high cardio format in kickboxing. I didn’t even DO all of the workout in TBC, but I was seriously so sore on Friday. (I also want to say that looking back, it is so crazy to think that I was just doors away from the 7-11 robbery only a few hours before it happened. That hit really close to home.)
- Friday- While we were in lockdown, my roommate and I got antsy and when I suggested that she do my Friday April Arms Challenge workout, she happily agreed. We did 3 rounds with 5 minutes of cardio in between each round. We also did some plank high fives that I learned from Jen. Loved these!
- Saturday- LOTS of walking in NYC!
- Sunday- We went jogging in Central Park which was the coolest thing everrrr. But, what made it even better was the fact that there was a BostonStrong race taking place as we got there! I got so emotional seeing everyone running to support Boston, my city.
This week’s workouts
- Monday- I was still in NY, so we hit up the hotel gym in the morning. I had to do my April Arms Challenge workout and then did some other stuff. I also taught Dynamax when I got home and was happy that there was an even number of people in class so I didn’t have to really “do” the workout.
- Tuesday (today)- Nothing besides my triceps workout for the April Arms Challenge. I need to get my life in order! Laundry, cooking, picking up, blogging, etc. Taking a break is nice, but catching up after the break is really not that fun (for me, at least).
- Wednesday– Cardio & teaching UXF Burn
- Thursday- Double time! TBC & Kickboxing
- Friday– I will probably take Friday’s AAC workout and incorporate some cardio. I might also rest if I end up signing up for a BostonStrong 5K in Southie this weekend (can’t find the link now!).
- Saturday– Some type of at-home workout. Maybe deck of cards?! We are hosting Amy’s sister’s baby shower at our place on Saturday afternoon so I know we will be busy getting everything ready for that!
- Sunday- Maybe a 5K, maybe a rest day.
Questions for you: How did you react to the events last week? Did it make you want to work out more to “escape”? or, did you lack motivation?
I’ll be back with more regular blogging tomorrow! Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends:)